Light-O-Rama Forums

Clipping - Manual and Auto

Ron Boyd

Brian,

I have a wish list request. If it's not a major overhaul, would it be possible to add "Group modify" to the "Manual clip"? I know if creating a sequence, it stays where you put it until you change it. Thanks for that, by the way. I'm interested in being able to do it for a bought or shared sequence. 

Just a thought. 

If you're using an RGB topper for a pixel tree, some effects such as smooth effects, will bleed over sometimes. The manual clip allows you to select the part of the tree the effect is supposed to be on, and not bleed over to the RGB topper.

It not only works for trees, I just used it as an example. I have 1 visualizer that has 10 different RGB elements. I have put these Smooth Effects, an image that moves or any other type effect, and there's no bleed over as long as I have the "Manual Clip" enabled.

It is a reasonable request. It would not be hard to had group modify for the clipping of images, and smooth effects. But it would be a significant effort to add it to Text because currently there is no group modify for text.

I would be happy to get what we can. I can't speak for everyone, but the text option is no biggie for me, but that's just me.

I have put in group modify for the clip rectangle for images. It will be in the next release.

I have not done it for anything else. I am thinking that what you really want is a group modify just for the clip rectangle, and it would move the clip rectangle for every effect that has a clip rectangle. And to expand on that, what is really wanted is a "group modify all" dialog box. The "group modify all" dialog box would have attributes in it that could be in all effects. Things I can think of are:

1) clip rectangle

2) location (move every effect up, down, left or right a certain number of pixels)

Then you could move a sequence that is for a matrix at a certain location on your display, to a matrix that is at a different location, and change the clip rectangle as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I have put in group modify for the clip rectangle for images. It will be in the next release.

I have not done it for anything else. I am thinking that what you really want is a group modify just for the clip rectangle, and it would move the clip rectangle for every effect that has a clip rectangle. And to expand on that, what is really wanted is a "group modify all" dialog box. The "group modify all" dialog box would have attributes in it that could be in all effects. Things I can think of are:

1) clip rectangle

2) location (move every effect up, down, left or right a certain number of pixels)

Then you could move a sequence that is for a matrix at a certain location on your display, to a matrix that is at a different location, and change the clip rectangle as well.

Group modify works well on images. I'm still having a problem with Smooth effects. There is not a group modify option that I can find.

Is there a Group Modify option for Smooth Effects coming?

This whole thing is not a problem at all when creating a sequence from scratch. Where the problem lies, is with bought or shared sequences. For example, I used the "Group Modify" clip option on all images on a 4 minute sequence and completed it in about 10 minutes, It's taken over an hour for 2 minutes of that same sequence to modify each individual Smooth Effect to a manual clip.

Just curious if we'll see this option or the "Group Modify All" option in the coming releases.

Thanks Brian.

Group Modify for the smooth effects is easier to do, I should be able to do that this year. Group Modify All may not happen until next year.

The smooth effects, is really all I would like to see in the near future. The Group Modify All, for my purposes, is not a game changer. Neither is the other one, for that matter, but it will be nice to have it. 

Thanks Brian

I have coded the changes for clip rectangle group modify for shockwave, spiral, and fan smooth effects. It will be in the next release.