Light-O-Rama Forums

New 16 CCR Tree

godman

How are you liking the P3? I am going to get one in a few months soon as they start to become more available and get some of the kinks worked out. I have heard it is really user friendly to fly. To fly mainly by FPV? or keep it within line of sight?

• Like 1

The tree looks awesome. I have a question about something other than the drone and tree though.

What type of camera did you use for the video? Each pixel is discernible, colors are separated nicely, all-in-all, a very good video. I am in the market for a video camera, but I don't have need for a $1000+ camera. I would like to find something under $500 and be able to film the ever changing lights during a sequence. Someone told me about one awhile back, but for the life of me, I can't find the e-mail or PM.

I think I may have to get you to come to Glendora next December!

• Like 1

How are you liking the P3? I am going to get one in a few months soon as they start to become more available and get some of the kinks worked out. I have heard it is really user friendly to fly. To fly mainly by FPV? or keep it within line of sight?

LOVE my Phantom 3 I'm not aware of any kinks that need to be worked out?

Since I'm a beginner its been both Line of site and FPV, In beginner mode it only allows you to go about 100ft in the air (400ft in regular mode) and about 250ft horizontally (1.5 miles in regular mode) I can't ever imagine a scenario that 'Ill need to send my drone out 1.5 miles but I could always use it to spy on some other LOL users in the area :D

It is SUPER easy to fly, It can land and take off on its own, I haven't even come close to crashing it yet, that's how good it handles, Take your hands off the controller and it just hovers in place Very steady vide, the night I shot this vide there was a pretty good breeze and you can't notice it on the Video.

I'm very happy with it and glad I waited for the Phantom 3 to come out

The tree looks awesome. I have a question about something other than the drone and tree though.

What type of camera did you use for the video? Each pixel is discernible, colors are separated nicely, all-in-all, a very good video. I am in the market for a video camera, but I don't have need for a $1000+ camera. I would like to find something under $500 and be able to film the ever changing lights during a sequence. Someone told me about one awhile back, but for the life of me, I can't find the e-mail or PM.

The camera was the strandard camera that comes with the Phantom 3 drone, they have 2 types, the 1080P and the 4K, I opted for the 1080P since there are not very many devices available to play back a 4K video. Some drones use the GoPro but the DJI Phantom uses a proprietary camera, I only wish there was a Zoom feature which I'm sure will be available in future models.....

My Tree is only 6.5 inches wide at the bottom so to me it looks a little fuzzy in the video but to the naked eye the resolution is excellent.

awesome, that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks

There are a few kinks in the firmware in regards to some random lose of connection with the app and P3.

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to hopefully get one. I have been practicing with a little 80 dollar quadcopter in the meantime.

• Like 1

Great looking tree and sequence.  Normally prefer the look/feel of strips. But just shows you that quality sequenceing will look good in either style.

You have a thread with more info on the tree build?

Great looking tree and sequence.  Normally prefer the look/feel of strips. But just shows you that quality sequenceing will look good in either style.

You have a thread with more info on the tree build?

Those are strips, 2811's, using a PixLite 16 controller

I took a lot of pictures but haven't posted them yet, I used the plans that a member named Frank posted last year. Used 3/4 x 3/4 1/8" square aluminum to build the frames, There are a few other members on the forum that used his plans as well, However; I went with a 16 strip version instead of 12 and spaced my bottom row out at about 6.5 inches instead of 10-12" that others have gone with, I needed a smaller footprint and I wanted a better resolution with the strips being closer together

Actually the video is pretty decent.  The resolutions look good to. So you went with about an 8 ft base

Edited by lightzilla

Actually the video is pretty decent.  The resolutions look good to. So you went with about an 8 ft base

Yes, you and a couple others said they had a smaller base and that's what I was looking to do, thanks for your input

That looks fantastic.  Way to go.

Now I gotta go get me a drone!

Thanks,

Tim

• 4 months later...

Nice !! I'm building my frame this year, I think I will go the same route with the aluminum frame  quick question what is the spacing top and bottom in between each CCR? and clearance from the ground? 

Thanks !

The bottom spacing from strip to strip is 7" on center, About a foot of the ground and about 2" at the top, most go with 8"-12" spacing even some at 14" which I think is to wide, I like the look of the closer spacing,