Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy Channel in 1 sequence to Another

mrpbjnance

I have tried to figure this out but can't

Is there a way to copy 1 or more channels in 1 sequence and paste them to Another sequence?

From the Sequence Editor you can go to Edit,then export configuration. This will put all your channel configuration into a file that you can then import into a new or existing sequence.

Are you talking, copying the channels config/setup. Or elements (on/off/twinkle/etc.) from 1 seq to another, such as from a "shared" sequence from another hobbyist?

Edited by mpageler

Are you trying to copy to copy/paste effects from original the sequence onto a new sequence?

If so in the grid--> right click mouse--> choose select Row--> right click again and choose copy or use CTRLC, paste into new sequence, just make sure the new sequence is the same timing grid as the original sequence or on the left under paste options (bottom left) be sure to select paste by time, on the left column, choose the first cell on the grid, right click again and choose paste or just CTRLV

I was looking at how to copy the elements.  I was missing the Select Row  Thank You!

You can right click and turn them into a group or you could just give both channels the same channel ID's

One More.. Is there an easy way to Combine 2 channels into one?

Turning channels into a group and giving channels the same IDs will cause very different results than each other.  Plus there are other things you might mean by "combine two channels into one".  So it depends what you're hoping to accomplish.  Could you please describe what you're hoping to do a little more?

I am trying to take sequences that have been shared with others that have more channels than mine and reduce them down.  I was hoping combining channels would work but looking for other suggestions.  

Thx!

just match up the elements you like and copy and paste.

ignore the ones you don't like.

for example, a 32 channel sequence shared to someone who only has 16 channels.

pick out the ones that make your animator or visualizer look the best and ignore the rest.

might have to try pasting several before you get the feel you really want.

now, if you really want 2 channels into one, copy and paste the first one.

then copy the second one and "paste from foreground" to add the effects from the second without removing the first ones.

good luck.

Edited by Mega Arch