Light-O-Rama Forums

New 13 Ribbon CCR Matrix God Bless The U.S.A

Holidaysequences

Looks nice!  I don't have a matrix and have no plans to build one, but it looks cool.

Anyone have design info on doing a matrix setup? My house couldn't handle a car tree but if there are going to be more matrix sequences then I am thinking about building one.

Are there Christmas sequences in the works? Thanks

Hi prim, I was hoping Jeff M would chime in as far as matrix design. I'll shoot him a text :-)

I'm not sure what other sequences I'll do in matrix. I'm trying pump out my current sequence list. I do like the matrix design. The images come out slightly different and interesting. We'll see what happens :-)

• Like 1

Hi prim, I was hoping Jeff M would chime in as far as matrix design. I'll shoot him a text :-)

I'm not sure what other sequences I'll do in matrix. I'm trying pump out my current sequence list. I do like the matrix design. The images come out slightly different and interesting. We'll see what happens :-)

Cool, they are really good and interesting vs the ccr trees. Thanks for the info.

I bought 10 CCRs in the sale and plan to mount them horizontally on my roof.  I've been playing around with a sequence and found it does provide some interesting looks.  I have a long way to go yet as I'm just now getting into the rgb lights so lots to learn. Superstar has been a blessing.  Part of my plan is to supplement my overall light show so I don't want to make it the entire show as it would detract from our other lights.  But I may try to find some songs where I can dedicate a part of it to the roof (sort of like a drum solo in a band).  I saw a great way to mount them by using 1/2 pvc and ziptie the ribbons to the pvc; and then use slightly larger pvc cut to create a bracket that the 1/2 will snap into.  The bracket just screws into the roof.  If you paint them to match your roof or can find a color pvc that's close you could leave the brackets up year round and just snap/unsnap as needed.  Here's the url:  http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/768.htm

I am doing a 81 string by 50 pixel matrix this year on the roof. Right now LOR is able to handle the new addition and I am building in the PE this weekend to test the speed. I also have a pixel tree that is 20 foot tall with 84 pixel on 16 pipes that works very well. All mine are ziptied to emt pipe and they are half inch. Should last many years... This year I will run 287 channels of LOR and 32,000 channels of RGB's. Going to be a bright year...  I have bought many sequences and converted many props over to rgb for this years show. My sequences are completed for this year and just popping in some of the whole house effects here and there.

BTW Dave waiting on LOC in the 60 matrix..... haha

Edited by Jeff Messer
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Larry. I think that will be it for 4th of July sequences. Sorry. That's all I had time to do right now :-)

• 1 month later...

This sequence has certainly been a hit.  I have had a lot of good comments about it.  Thank you for the excellent sequence.  Looking forward to some more CCR matrix sequences.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone have this sequence that they are willing to share? I need a mega tree and yard lights to this song. God Bless The USA at the top of this chat section. Not sure of the name of the group but if you have it please email me at big.trafficman@gmail.com  

Here is the link to the music and Matrix. https://holidaysequences.wistia.com/medias/lgknmzuqba

I have been looking everywhere for that Sequence to go with the Pixel Tree....if anyone could please share also that would me a ton:

Xtreme2966@yahoo.com

Thank You

There are several of the vendors that sell that sequence.  I bought Brian Bruderer's (Mr. SuperStar) sequence for that song last year.  Well worth paying for it for me.  Since I bought it, I can't give it to you, but Brian would be happy to sell it to you.  Same with some of the other vendor's (including the original poster for this thread)...

Jim,

I have the tree sequence from a vendor for my pixel tree....I maybe worded it wrong in my above post. I was just hoping maybe somebody had a yard/house sequence I could take a peek at to go with it.  I 100% support the current vendors and have no issues paying for the sequences from them and will continue to support them. Just am at crunch time and need some timings for the yard.

Thanks

xtreme2966@yahoo.com

Yes, I did misunderstand what you were asking for.

Here is what I do with the purchased sequences - and I've bought several from Brian.  I figure Brian has done most of the work on getting the timing all right so I take advantage of his work.  For things that are scenes, I either take an existing scene and add additional pixels in my yard, or create a new scene by taking one of his and changing to my pixels and doing an "Add".  BTW, usually just add my pixels to his scenes.  For morphs, of course I have to create new morph for my yard.  I have six CCP based arches (50 pixels per arch) so it's pretty easy to do the same effect on the arches as exist on the strings of the tree (except of course that there are only 25 pixels on each arch between the bottom and the top of the arch).  Obviously some things don't translate well (graphics for example), but many things do.  That get's me well on the way.  I just went through this process with Wizards in Winter.  In theory I'm completed as of last night, but I needed to get to bed when I finished so I have not watched it on the lights.  I'll do that this evening and maybe tweek it a little...

• 2 months later...

I am new here for pixels.  Just bought a Mega Tree Kit from Light-o-rama.  Took me about 10 hours of fiddling to get it to work on my network.  Anyway, I thought for 1300 bucks, I should be able to turn it on its side as a horizontal matrix and use one string for the stars, two strings for the blue background, and thirteen strings for the stripes.  i have a regular lor 16 channel flag set up now, with the same configuration with the 16 channel controllers.  I was wondering if anyone has set a matrix up with the 16ccb mega-tree kit, and how they programmed it.  I can't see any of the videos posted on links here.  Don't know why.