Light-O-Rama Forums

How many shows

Wychristmaslights

Trying to get a plan put together for this years show. How many of you run 2-3 different shows? Was thinking about either alternating days or switching to a different show half way thru the night

Last year i ran the same show every day until Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas Eve I switched to more contemporary Christmas music, then my last show on Christmas was just a free for all of my favorites (lots of club/dance music). 

I thought about doing different shows when we first started.  After talking with others in the hobby, we decided to go with one show with multiple types of music in the show.

Say you run a "Rock-n-Roll Christmas music" show on Wednesday nights.  Family "A" really likes rock n roll Christmas music, but everyone works on Wednesday nights.

I only run one show ( approx 15 minutes ) to keep traffic moving. I know some run 2 shows, there regular show & a shorter version when traffic is heavy.

I will do three. One will be really early, and be about 10 minutes, mainly so people will see it and come back later. It is a few seconds of different songs. Then a 30 minute show, then again with the most popular songs and a few others. That way the neighbours don't hear the same thing 10 times, but only 5.

I ran three different shows this past year. I'd also rotate mine nightly as well. This was to help with traffic and keep things moving a little better.