Light-O-Rama Forums

50watt RGB vis file is needed

Mega Arch

I have my (2) 50watt RGB floods setup in SE with their own controller I.D. #s.

Channels 1-3 for RGB and 4-5 for the strobe on and strobe off.

I can't figure out how to put these flood lights into my visualizer as 2 separate props. I get the 3 RGB channels setup, but can't get the strobe on & off channels into it.. I just keep going in circles.

Suggestions or shortcuts?

I need to get it figured out soon - the ones I ordered from the Synchronized Christmas sale show to be arriving the 18th... (Thanks for the fast service Don...)

Thanks,

Daniel

• Like 1

I just received mine today, so will share if I figure it out. Let me know if you have, or if anyone else has helped.

Thanks

Edited by Vinchief
  • Like 1

I just received mine today, so will share if I figure it out. Let me know if you have, or if anyone else has helped.

Thanks

Well, doesn't look good. Here's what devMike said in another thread:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

The Vis probably won't support them directly when S4 comes out per se since it doesn't know how to handle the 'macro' or 'strobe' or whatever they are called channels.  It can however emulate the RGB portion quite easily right now: Create a Flood light fixture.  Change the channel type to RGB on the fixture properties.  Assign the correct 3 channels. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.  

Good luck.

OH WOW! THESE ARE FREAKING COOL FLOODLIGHTS!

Don - thanks for the fast shipping...

Just got 'em hooked up, configured and tested.

Ran on my first sequence I added them to (see below) and again - way freaking cool.....

To answer my own post, you don't really need anything in visualizer except the already available RGB flood prop. The on strobe channel appears to only be needed if you need to program something other than the preset strobe time lengths. Use the strobe off channel to put anything in the RGB channels into strobe mode. Doesn't show real good in visualizer, but in real life - again... WOW!..

And a big thanks to George Simmons as well. Took his Basic RGB/Pixel Sequencing class last weekend. Programming these new floodlights was my first attempt at any kind of RGB sequencing and it was

EASY...

https://youtu.be/8MXqirrO_ws

(sorry about the poor video quality... remember - just a test...)

Edited by Mega Arch

I don't think channel 4 has a use for me. It would change the amount of "on" time while in strobe mode. Factory set at varying time 8.33ms to 83.3ms, I can't see messing with it for a LOR show. Now, if in a lighting world set, someone in the trade may get off on programming it.. I'm leaving it as a blank channel.

Channels 1, 2, & 3, the RGB channels, are just that - programming the RGB colors. You can also use the effects at the same time as the colors. Say, a shimmering red or a twinkling blue, etc.

Channel 5 is freaking cool. It is strobe "off" time which varies 2 seconds to 8.33ms. This channel has some uses for me. Here's what I've found out so far that makes channel 5 really freaking cool. Program your floodlight RGB color channels to accent your show in your own personal taste, just like any other prop. But, for some popping accent, copy your strobe light channel into channel 5 of this strobe. Now whatever color you had is still that color, but it strobes with your other yard/tree strobes. Any color strobe light at anytime....

I think I've said it before, but -

these floods are really freaking cool...

You are right, these are GREAT! I bought three to shine on my house but they are so bright/big I think I only need two on the house, and can now put one on the elm tree.

I like the shimmering or twinkling as you change colors. So glad we bought them and cannot wait to have them in the Halloween and Christmas shows.

• Like 1

how do you use these if you want to do them for landscape lighting? Do I have to have them connected to a LOR controller the entire time then a computer or how to use for landscape lighting? thanks

how do you use these if you want to do them for landscape lighting? Do I have to have them connected to a LOR controller the entire time then a computer or how to use for landscape lighting? thanks

The manual says it can be stand alone, which is another reason I purchased. I too want to work into landscape lighting. I have not had it long enough to work on that portion yet. Maybe someone else can chime in. But for me to answer, will be later this week or even next weekend.

primvip - Well never mind waiting. Like a kid at Christmas.... I got them back out after work today.

Tried to load the stand alone operation on the first unit. Failed 8 times. Gave up. May try updating firmware later.. Got out the second unit. It loaded up the first try. Cool thing is it can control both units I purchased just by connecting them with cat5 and plugging both units in to 120v outlets. Now, by setting it up in stand alone mode, I was able to take outside and plug in. So I agree with vinchief above - they are very bright.

YES, THEY WILL WORK FOR LANDSCAPING WITHOUT BEING CONNECTED TO A NETWORK.

When downloading onto the built in flash memory, it actually becomes it's own network. Manual says no restrictions on types of LOR controllers in the network, just up to 10,000 commands. Very cool. Controlled both of mine sweet. Never opened them up either. Programming back to LOR for Christmas or back to stand alone is worked through the normal hardware utility.

Very happy with purchase so far.

primvip - Well never mind waiting. Like a kid at Christmas.... I got them back out after work today.

Tried to load the stand alone operation on the first unit. Failed 8 times. Gave up. May try updating firmware later.. Got out the second unit. It loaded up the first try. Cool thing is it can control both units I purchased just by connecting them with cat5 and plugging both units in to 120v outlets. Now, by setting it up in stand alone mode, I was able to take outside and plug in. So I agree with vinchief above - they are very bright.

YES, THEY WILL WORK FOR LANDSCAPING WITHOUT BEING CONNECTED TO A NETWORK.

When downloading onto the built in flash memory, it actually becomes it's own network. Manual says no restrictions on types of LOR controllers in the network, just up to 10,000 commands. Very cool. Controlled both of mine sweet. Never opened them up either. Programming back to LOR for Christmas or back to stand alone is worked through the normal hardware utility.

Very happy with purchase so far.

That is great to know. Thanks for checking on that. Would you mind sharing a basic sequence you made to get it to work. I am not sure how to get started with it, so if I could just see a quick sequence I could pick it up. Thanks

That is great to know. Thanks for checking on that. Would you mind sharing a basic sequence you made to get it to work. I am not sure how to get started with it, so if I could just see a quick sequence I could pick it up. Thanks

Sent.

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Was it decided that the strobe effect cannot be setup in S4?

It can be setup and used. It just doesn't show the strobing in visualizer. Hook the floods up to your pc & be amazed.