Light-O-Rama Forums

Check U3 if working fine

micheleboato

Hi,

i need check if U3 on kit CTB16DV6 it's working fine.

I have a problem with board but i can t understand :-(

Do you help me with your tension and resistor value on R2, U3 that i can check with a tester?

I think you are trying to follow the instructions in the troubleshooting guide for:

"LED flashes when Hardware Utility is not running, goes solid when Hardware Utility is running, but Refresh in Hardware Utility does not find the board"

Have you followed and understood the troubleshooting directions IN FULL for that section?  If so the directions want you to ensure that you have properly soldered U3 to the board (it is in the right orientation), as well as all the solder points have been checked for cold joints/bridges.

Yes, i checked everything and it seems all ok (value on troubleshooting document and solder) . I would like to check the value with a tester and compare with a working board

I also opened a ticket with light o rama and i m waiting their reply. Their wrote: "We are trying to understand the issue. We have not experienced this type of problem before so we are trying to understand exactly what is going on and why it is happening

Usually there is never a reason to use the jumper with the Deluxe version of the card. One thought is that there is something incorrect with the unit ID switches so we suggest that you re-solder all of the joints around the two Unit ID switches including U3 and R2...
We are continuing to try to understand the problem"

The board working fine only with a jumper j0 on led, then on standalone i can donwload a sequence with cat5 conneted but i unplugged the cat5 cable and i turn off|turn on the board i lose all. I try to move the switch, then i try all combination that they (lor staff) suggested...

So in the meantime i thought i'd ask on the forum and check the resistor and tension value on working board with a tester

Thanks.  I found your ticket.  It's already as high up as it can go - it's on the owner's queue.  Let me see if he has some other suggestions of if they have found what the issue is.

Thanks.  I found your ticket.  It's already as high up as it can go - it's on the owner's queue.  Let me see if he has some other suggestions of if they have found what the issue is.

Hi, thank you too!

I solved the problem, it was the R2 network resistor that it wasn t on the right orientation :-/

Thank you again for your time

Michele​​​​​​

• 9 months later...

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the troubleshooting guide ? Im having the same problem and I'm wondering if my U3 chip is not functioning correctly....