Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB visualizer with Basic+

jrock_at_rons

I think I know the answer to this, but I thought I'd confirm quick... 

I have a basic plus license now... I'm going to get into RGB for 2015 and I want to get a head-start in terms of sequencing. 

Do I need the advanced license now to use RGB in the visualizer?  Total I'll have 4 - 16 channel lor controllers, 8 10W RGB floods and a small DMX universe (27 channels). 

I know I'll need to buy the advanced license eventually (to control the lights), but I'd like to see it all work together in the visualizer before I do.  

Thanks. 

The Visualizer has the same requirements as the SE when it comes to things like that.  You'll be able to create the additional stuff, including the DMX universe fixtures, but you won't be able to control them.

You'll need Advanced to work with a DMX universe.

Hey MIke, 

Sorry to be redundant... so you're saying I should be able to see DMX/RGB floods in the visualizer with Basic+... just not be able to control the lights... right?

If so, I'll keep working to figure out what I've got wrong.  I just want to make sure I'm not chasing a fix that doesn't exist.

Thanks. 

No.  I am saying that you can design them in the Visualizer, but they won't do anything with Basic Plus.  Just like the SE will allow you to create channels you don't have a license level to control, the Visualizer will allow you to create those fixtures, but not do anything with them.  

The only channels that will work are the ones you have a license for.

That makes sense.  I did a small test changing my RGB floods in Visualizer to unit 4 and they did communicate with SE.  Looks like I'll be buying advanced tonight.   

Thanks for the quick response Mike. 

• 3 months later...

Hi guys...

I have a similar question... I don't mean to interrupt the thread.

I'm new to RGB, and I just bought some DUMB RGB lights to use in my display. (This'll be our 2nd year *ever* having a LOR display with synchronized lights, so I'm still a newbie). We're buying all the right things (I've researched quite a bit already and scoped out what we need to buy.

I've looked on the website and in the forums, and on YouTube, but could not find a video on how to get dumb RGB represented in the Visualizer. Could either of you (or someone else for that matter) point me in the right direction?

Thanks a bunch!

LN

• 4 months later...

Nevermind...

I found my answer.

What's the answer. Because I am trying to set this up too and cannot figure it out and can't find documentation on it...thanks