Light-O-Rama Forums

2015 Pacific Northwest Regional C.L.A.P. Mtg

zman

Just an early reminder that the date has been set for the PacNW Regional Christmas Gathering. So put the date(s) in your calendars.

We call this the Christmas Light Addiction Program, for those that have the CLAP - Christmas Light Addiction Problem. Everyone is welcome to attend this event. We have always has an outstanding agenda which has been very progressive and relevant to the latest technologies and techniques. We want your input for topics and hopefully volunteers as well to instruct. 

Here is the information:

Friday May 1st - In the afternoon is the Set Up Party with the Pizza Meet & Greet Friday Night. This is for those in the area, or those staying in the area for the event. This has always been a well attended and fun event. 

Saturday May 2nd -  Networking, coffee, donuts 7:30 - 8:30. We start at 8:30am

Location:   Nancy Foley - 4842 Thompson Lane SE - Olympia, WA 98513

More information to follow

We have gotten later each year with the packed agendas. We plan to 5pm, but have gone to 6 the last few years.

Some have suggested we move to a 2 day format since we have so much content. Something under consideration for future years,

Hope to attend this year. It is on my schedule. How late does this typically go on Saturday?

The drive back after the event is not bad... but coming from where you are, make it a two day trip.  Getting up at 3:30am and trying to stay awake through all the sessions... not easy, did that once, never again.  So I suggest getting a hotel and staying over night Friday so you can be wide awake for Saturday.  And bring a jacket.  The shop can be a little brisk in the morning. 

We have gotten later each year with the packed agendas. We plan to 5pm, but have gone to 6 the last few years.

Some have suggested we move to a 2 day format since we have so much content. Something under consideration for future years,

Mark, I'd love a two day format.  Maybe Friday evening devoted to learning how to sequence RGB or other topics.  Actual props setup to play around with, that would be great.  Tough seeing some of that stuff in daylight, but at night...

• Like 1

We stayed in Olympia last time and made  a weekend out of it!

I'm happy to say that I will be there both Friday and Saturday this year!

Thanks for putting this together guys!!!!

I'm working on a new Jig for bending stars for my new Shooting star prop this year. Would this be something worth bringing down and sharing??? I couldn't bring a welder for those that wanted to bend one up but, maybe something for a class????

Just thought I'd throw it on the table!

Evan

• Like 1

We stayed in Olympia last time and made  a weekend out of it!

I'm happy to say that I will be there both Friday and Saturday this year!

Thanks for putting this together guys!!!!

I'm working on a new Jig for bending stars for my new Shooting star prop this year. Would this be something worth bringing down and sharing??? I couldn't bring a welder for those that wanted to bend one up but, maybe something for a class????

Just thought I'd throw it on the table!

Evan

Ah the advantage of living close to the Seattle area.....  Just cross the border & your there.  To bad we can't get a big gathering like that in Western Canada. I went to two in Edmonton, AB , there were two or more in Calgary, & a bigger one in the Vancouver area. I am going to see if we can get something going in Red Deer AB. 

Hey Lightzilla,

I know what you mean I've been thinking about trying to co-ordinate something in Western Canada, like Vancouver or on the island. I can count on two hands a number or people that would attend. Perhaps it's something I should look at trying to co-ordinate with a few light crazies.

Mark and Kevin do an awesome job of organizing this CLAP event though. It's a really fun event!!!!

Evan

Hey! Schedule willing, I would love to attend something in western CA if possible.

Lightzilla, short of the border issues, we get a lot of folks out of Canada, California, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, so we really are a regional event. We are working on a great agenda (again).

Mark and or Evan,

Can you recommend a Hotel in Olympia? There is a possibility we may be able to fly into Seattle and rent a car for the weekend to shuffle around. Just checking the overall cost prior to my presentation to my CFO.

Cheers

Daryl B.

If memory serves, we stayed at the Governor in Olympia. It was nice because it was right downtown so my Wife, could go wander around, shop, get on the bus and venture out. 

We are toying with staying in Lacey this time but, will. See she isn't that comfortable driving down there so a downtown core might be better.

Cheers

Evan

I have stayed at the La Quinta, Comfort Inn and Ramada Inn all are good. No issues the times I have stayed there. The Ramada was little nicer then the other two. All three of these are right next to each other. 

-Brandon

Thanks guys, the presentation went well to the CFO and Dinner was only 60.00. I'll keep you posted on the final result.

Cheers

Daryl B.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the Ramada, most likely where I will stay again.  I stayed at, I believe the super 8, in Lacey two years ago and was not impressed won't stay there again.  But I will stay at the Ramada again.  If enough people stay there Friday night, maybe we can have a small impromptu session there that night after the Pizza fest.  Or gather for late night pie at the Shari's across the street. 

-Matt

• 1 month later...

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn a couple of times, a little small, was clean, but all I did was sleep there but they had breakfast that included bisquits and gravy eggs sausage bacon as well as cereal etc.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Your right...........We are tracking well and the agenda is almost complete. I need to get Lowell (PapaLF) to post it.  

• 1 month later...

Bump. This is a free event. Looking for RSVPs to plan for head count. Please respond, email, or PM me. I you have already replied, thanks!

Mike K, no need to reply! Hang in there. 

I will be there for most of Saturday. I have a bunch of LED's and some power supplies I don't want anymore. (because I scored newer stuff) B) If you can haul them away, you can have them.

Am I to understand this is in/near a garage with power available or should I bring a generator so the LED's can be tested? These are dumb LED's, most are white, and indoor/dry location only, I use them for lighting above my work bench, lighting deep cabinets, etc... They came out of used signs.

Here's a pic of what I will bring

IMG_0789a.JPG

Alan...