Light-O-Rama Forums

coroplast sequence and picture

micheleboato

Hi

i m searching a pictures for to make coroplastic sequence

Do you have or Are there a links where i can find the image and sequence about christmas figure (trees, s. claus, creche, reindeer, etc)

Hi

i m searching a pictures for to make coroplastic sequence

Do you have or Are there a links where i can find the image and sequence about christmas figure (trees, s. claus, creche, reindeer, etc)

I would go to HolidayCoro.com 

they have lots of options and ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i know i would like to know if there are alternative ways "home made". I would like to buy pvc (coroplast) and create my picture, but i would like to find easy christmas picture where than i copy on the coroplast. Then holidaycoro not send in Italy and i have too much tax

Do a search on the internet for Christmas coloring book pictures. Often the pictures are of simple designs and silhouettes that make it easy to recreate in a large format that can be cut out of coroplast. 

Do a search on the internet for Christmas coloring book pictures. Often the pictures are of simple designs and silhouettes that make it easy to recreate in a large format that can be cut out of coroplast.

Sometimes the most elegant solution is also the simplest! Great suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...

I am sooo going to date myself here... but also either a small inexpensive projector (to project the design onto it to cut around) or an old overhead projector (the kind we used in school with Dry erase and film.)

I am sooo going to date myself here... but also either a small inexpensive projector (to project the design onto it to cut around) or an old overhead projector (the kind we used in school with Dry erase and film.)

If you can't find a projector, take your image and move it into a word document.  Click on the image size and make it a 1:1 scale.  Hit print.  Depending on the size of the image, and if you cut it to size or not - minus excess background, it should print out on 81/2" x 11" paper (or whatever was in your printer).  You will have several sheets. 

What I did was to tape them to the coro.  It will look like a puzzle with some overlap.  Depending on your printer, it might blow a few details out of whack.  But with the puzzle in place, you can trace your drawing onto the coro by lifting the sheet and giving it a good "eyeball" to make sure it is how you want it.

/it will get you through in a pinch.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

use coloring books for outlines.... for different size....

Maybe take a string or small rope.. tie small knot in it for lights example 200 knots on string as long as you need it.

lay it on your display and can move it around to find the shape and size you want. Example..

maybe a 3 or 4 meter long piece of string with 200 small knots even space on it to represent lights and follow your outline from coloring book.

same with mouth shapes and eyes. have a idea how many lights you need for different parts that way and can use for other faces and parts to just by moving it to a different shape and still keep the light counts.