Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR/DMX works fine until LOR is enabled.

Daroyaci

OK guys, here goes my problem:

Short version is....Setup with LOR 3.12 Advance version with DMX actidongle from Holiday Coro.

All lights and channels test fine with Xlights.

Universe is running fine.

Input RGB channels into existing sequence...All lights do what they should on LOR side and DMX side.

LOR on Comm 3 and DMX on Comm 4.

Control panel is up and is listening on correct port.

All of this works fine as long as LOR is disabled in task bar..(i.e) light bulb is red.

When I enable LOR..(i.e.) light bulb goes to blue, NONE of the lights work.

The sequence continues to run but no lights are running.

Contacted David at Holiday Coro..we tried a few things just to make sure I had it all connected correctly and it seems that I do.

Now we are leaning toward a LOR software issue.

Has any one had this same problem in the past?

I have looked in forum after forum and cant find this problem anywhere.

Maybe some of you expert guys can help figure this one out for me as I am new to DMX/LOR.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Guys, thanks for the quick responses.

Answer is yes, i have control lights checked but the check mark goes away when en-abled.

Also, I can control them in SE but once I try to run the show I lose all lights.

Update.... Put in a ticket with LOR help desk, and response from them was.....I am not familiar with Actidongle so he was going to ping engineering on this one.

Still waiting to hear back from  LOR.

When you enable the LOR are you then trying to run the sequence from the sequence editor or are you trying to run a show?

If I remember correctly once LOR is enabled the sequence editor isn't able to control the lights.

Yes correct.....I have the sequence saved and then try to run a show with the saved sequence, i get music to play but NO lights work....not even on the LOR side. 

If the checkmark keeps going off (as soon as you run the sequence) make sure you have the USB 485 adapter plugged in.  Even if you are not running any LOR boxes at the moment. (yes their is a way around it but easy way is just plug it in).

Thanks guys, i do understand about my adapter. It is plugged in and functioning because my LOR side thru the 485 works fine when in dis-able mode.

Comm port conflicts are the only other thing I can think of.    Just for giggles, can you post a copy of your LOR Network Preferences page?   

A dumb non-offensive question just to be sure: You're using two separate networks - one output to the DMX network (PC USB-Actidongle-CAT5-DMX lights, and one to the LOR network (PC USB -usb485 adapter-cat5-LORcontrollers) with no other interconnection, correct?

I had quite a few PM conversations last year with folks having issues with the Actidongle, including one very famous display who got TGCLF notoriety. I would try another dongle if you can get access to one.

sequence editor will not work properly if you have a show scheduled. I ran into this myself and got frustrated. Make sure you disable shows before you start sequence editor otherwise there will be a conflict and the check mark for control lights will disappear every time you hit play. This conflict happens without any warnings and can be very frustrating

• Like 1

Ok guys.......update......I did a total un-install and a re-install of LOR software and also re configured comm ports from scratch. Now everything is working fine. Not exactly sure what the problem was but I am thinking it had to do with SE in LOR because the "control lights" tab would not stay checked. Any way glad it's finally working and I thank all of you for your input.