Light-O-Rama Forums

What did you buy onsale today ?

Larry Leonhardt

Home Depot, I bought a box of male plugs, and a box of female plugs....That way they  won't be lonely ....

I bought nothing.  The Christmas light sales I shop are just beginning.

I will, however, be on the prowl for brick and mortar store's candy canes when they get down to 10 cents a box.

I bought nothing. The Christmas light sales I shop are just beginning.

I will, however, be on the prowl for brick and mortar store's candy canes when they get down to 10 cents a box.

You give out year old candy canes each year?

Great idea. Then they won't call me Scrooge anymore. I'll prowl too.

You give out year old candy canes each year?

LOL! Candy Canes have like a 2-3 year shelf life, This is the best time to buy for next year just have to keep my little ones away from them!

This year's candy canes expire in 2017.  If they're properly stored, two years from now they'll still be indistinguishable from "new" ones.  No way they'll last us that long. 

Here's how we store them.  We had five of these 32qt puppies filled for this season.  We went through just about four full ones.

Agreed on the candy canes.  I bought a bunch last year that were bought cheap. 

As for lighting stuff, I got about 1800 LEDs in various lengths and colors.  Bought out the last 7 boxes at my local Home Depot and then went across the street to Walmart and got the rest.  They had a lot left, but I had to be a bit careful about how much I spent.  Just got stuff for 2 specific projects.  I'm going to try another Walmart on the way home tonight to see if they still have any of the red LEDs I got at my loc al store as I really could use another box or two for my flag project.

got the same deal on the vampire plugs, also got 200 boxes of 100 light led's for $1.50 a box at hobby lobby, talked to manager and negotiated, also got a bunch of incans too

wanted some c-7 led's for my roof lines but they were all sold out and not the colors i wanted

I went to Target the day after Christmas and the whole back wall where all of the light were stocked was deserted. I was hoping to get some good deals on them but they were all Out of Stock:angry:  :angry:  

Nice I will have to check out Walmart again tomorrow.

Bought about 3800 LEDs day after Christmas for a bunch of things for next year.

Edited by Aaeolien

I bought 51,000 mini lights (510 boxes) from Lowes at 50 cents less than their cost... (according to a different Lowes manager) I showed them my display on my smart phone and the manager liked it....the sale was made!

kevinkolak.com