Light-O-Rama Forums

Still lined up!

Dave Pursel

So is everyone else's show still on?  I just checked the camera and I still have both sides of the street lined up with cars! 

Awesome!   That Christmas Spirit continues!

We're the same here.  Our 2nd year display appeared in the newspaper with a big photo and a local radio station put us on the "Top 11 Indianapolis Must See Displays list."  

We're not only still lined up tonight with both sides of the street filled, but they're still "waking the house up" using MIIP until the early morning hours. 

I can't believe it.  I just went out there to pass out more canes.  This van full just drove up.  They just came from Ithica just to see the lights.  It's 55 miles away!!!

I love having less cars!  Our rotation tonight is 21 songs in a row without any announcements.  I have watched cars pull in the driveway and then stay for up to an hour(the rotation is a hair over 50 minutes).  Much, much more cozy! :D

Since Christmas was on Thursday this year, the Friday/Saturday crowds may still be quite large at some displays.

I'd thinks will settle down Monday or Tuesday night.

Crowds have been big the last two weeks or so.  Last night was no exception.. but I caught someone's cold so I was not able to go out and greet them (read: direct traffic)..

We had a small display compared to plamsadrive's show, had maybe 15 cars on Xmas, 2 on Friday and none Saturday. Took advantage of the dry weather and that I have a big contract starting next week and packed it all up.

I'm still getting a few cars.  Planning to run the show through Saturday 3 January.  Teardown on Sunday and Monday. 

Dec 28th last year I shut the show down because nobody was coming to watch. This year I'm still getting 5-10 cars per show as of last night. Dec 24th was my craziest night, 60 cars out front, turned the whole street into a parking lot, froze traffic in both directions and some random dude dressed as santa showed up and was passing out candy canes. Last show of the year is dec 31 for me, then I'm going to start the teardown so I can get back in my driveway. I haven't been able to park in my driveway since the 3rd week of October!

Edited by oilmoney

My last show will be Dec 31st too then start teardown. Rain coming here starting Jan 1st, so it'll be less than fun taking down and of course will have to wait for a dry day to get to the roof.

People have still been coming to see the lights by the car load. I think our Facebook announcement that the traffic dies down after Christmas and people can get cozy with the lights then has worked well. It's great seeing car loads of kids out there having fun again.

But New Year's Eve will definitely be it for us this year. Great weather forecast for the 1st and 2nd and ice for the 3rd.

Same Here, Dec 31 will be our last show.  Although traffic has died down quite a bit, I'm still getting about 30-35 cars a night!

Saturday the 3rd will be it for us, still getting around 85-100 per night, and a lot of those are repeat offenders. Sad to see it come down, but already drawing out the changes for next years show!

Does anyone think it's worth leaving them up for the weekend after New Year's? I am undecided. If we get 50+ cars tonight, I would lean toward letting it run again tomorrow night and through the weekend. However, it is supposed to snow here Saturday night so that would delay taking things down. We had about 30+ cars and a bus yesterday night. Has anyone let it run after New Year's when a weekend followed the holiday? I wanted to sequence something to Auld Lang Syne, but I just thought of it last night and I have to work today, too late.

Happy New Year!

I had mine running last year on New Years night but no clue how many people saw it. Tonight is my last night as I've only seen a couple of cars out there the past two nights. 

I still had quite a few cars last night, surprisingly enough. Display is coming down Thursday due to rain heading in Friday and Saturday.