Light-O-Rama Forums

Proud in a sick sort of way

seriouslylosingit

I tripped my first breaker yesterday... I am not sure why this makes me proud, but I'm guessing some of you understand...

• Like 1

Tripped a breaker or GFCI?  Any fool can trip a GFCI, and I should know, but it takes a real pro to max out a breaker. Congrats!

• Like 2

My First year was that way... 16 panels of Incan LED... Blew the circuit.... had to re route power ... CHanged over to led... No issues. :)

I have been all LED for years for many reasons - power for one obviously but I also love the brightness and colors. I have been decorating the house for more than a dozen years with a static display and this was my first year attempting to automate it. I was adding a ton of new stuff and my house has one single circuit outside... so I had an electrician come out and install 4 new circuits to make sure I would be fine. I have over 25,000 lights and I added 1660 RGB pixels (I know I am crazy, first year and I throw in 1660 pixels). so for grins and giggles I decide to route everything through my kill-a-watt meter while everything is on and at full power and RGB's @ 100% white... I laughed when I saw that it pulled just under 9 amps total...

200 amp panel for lights with 32 dedicated 15amp circuits. No tripped breakers here. I was never proud when I tripped breaker. That's why I put 32- 15amp circuits in. I see where you're coming from though. I used to use many 4 letter words when I tripped a circuit breaker! Dark display isn't good...

Sure is a good feeling huh?

Been there and done that.

Static and animated. Both have the same feeling. LOL

Being LED now I don't have that problem.

But those were good times. :)

Any idea where I could locate COLORED LED globe lights?  30 size.. Thanks for all of your replies, this is all a learning process for each of us... I happen to learn best from the school of hard knocks... My skull is a bit thick which is good and bad with this undertaking.