Light-O-Rama Forums

'Leaking Power'

Greentree38

Hi Guys,

So I have an Australian 16 Channel 32W controller. I appear to have power leaking from the controller on two channels, channels 10 and 12, the channels aren't completely on but are receiving enough power to illuminate the lights connected ever so slightly, enough to annoy me!

Has anybody had this issue? If so what did you do to fix this? I've completely reset both the unit and the computer with no luck!

Sounds like a bad triac. I had at least 12 bad triacs last year. You can repair or send to LOR for repair. I tend to leave open channels and have spare controllers since this an issue every year. None yet knock on wood...

Are you using LED lights? Maybe you need a snubber, something that draws a little more power on the circuit in order to get it to shut off completely. Do a google search and you will find lots about it. As a test just add anything to the circuit that will draw more power and see if that fixes it. If not then it is probably the triac as mentioned earlier.

Are you using LED lights? Maybe you need a snubber, something that draws a little more power on the circuit in order to get it to shut off completely. Do a google search and you will find lots about it. As a test just add anything to the circuit that will draw more power and see if that fixes it. If not then it is probably the triac as mentioned earlier.

Wasn't this issue fixed with the G3's? I'm having the same problem all of a sudden. Went live a couple of nights ago and didn't have any issues then last night when i came home i noticed one channel was still on, very very low, just barely a glow. Already made sure the lights were turned off was checked, i'm gonna reset the controller this morning using the jumper. More I read the more it sounds like a triac has already gone bad :-(

The real test is to use an INCAN bulb on those channels.  If the Incan is off, then you have wonky LED sets.  Even with built in ghost loads, some LED sets just are not up to snuff and like to leak.  

The real test is to use an INCAN bulb on those channels.  If the Incan is off, then you have wonky LED sets.  Even with built in ghost loads, some LED sets just are not up to snuff and like to leak.  

Ok i'll plug a bulb in and give that a shot. Thanks for the advice. 

I'm having a similar issue..when you mention plug an incann bulb in..where do i plug it in? in the LED string, meaning replace one LED with an incann or plug a whole incann string in?

Thanks

I might have missed it in an earlier recommendation but I found occasions where reversing the plug of the LED string would correct the problem.  

• 1 year later...

I am having a problem where random channels are lighting up when the unit is powered on.  Show computer is completely off, an neither of the other 2 controllers on the network are doing it.