Light-O-Rama Forums

Play a Show w/o connected controllers

jfuller8400

Hi All,

Is is possible to play a show without having any controllers connected?  I've got my show built and I'd like to run thru it (to get a feel of the song flow, overall show length, etc).  My sequencing PC isn't connected to any controllers so when I try to use the on demand show from the LOR control panel, I get an 'error opening com port....' (which makes sense as I don't have any controllers or even the USB adapter plugged in). 

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Joel

If you plug in the USB adapter, the show will run.

Obviously if you don't have the network cable going to the controllers, then they won't know that they are supposed to do anything. Thus you could run the show with nothing connected.

Hi Don,

Thanks, I thought I had tried just having the USB adapter plugged in and it still didn't work, but I will try it again later today.  I didn't know if the LOR protocol sends some type of ACK message to the controllers upon show startup.  I'll post back on what I find out.

Joel

Nope. No ACKs here. If you are a networking guy, throw all of that knowledge out the window. It won't help you here. No SYN or SYN/ACK ... just the computer sending out commands to the controllers via the USB adapter. Actually, it just sends to the USB adapter, and it doesn't care if anything is connected to the adapter.