Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar DMX keyword for use in Visualizations

BrianBruderer

Yeah, sorry about that. Currently the visualizer requires you create DMX pixels one at a time and each pixel counts as a fixture, so you are limited to 1024 pixels.

In the next release the Visualizer will have a DMX Pixel tool. Then each string will be a fixture instead of each pixel being a fixture so you won't run into the 1024 fixture limit.

In addition to a DMX Pixel tool, the Tree Wizard and Matrix Wizard will support "DMX Pixel" options so you can make the tree or matrix out of DMX strings. I have put in support for the new DMX strings so that you can import the visualizations into superstar and it will recognize them.

"In the next release the Visualizer will have a DMX Pixel tool"  

Brian, are you referring to S4 as the next release?  Or are you speaking about the next release of Superstar?

The next release will be S4. The biggest new feature in S4 is a new file format that will better handle displays with large numbers of pixels.

In that same release will be support for the DMX Pixel tool in the Visualizer and SuperStar.

New File Format?  Just when I had mastered the old XML format!  In fact, I've written a bunch of utilities in C# to create and manipulate them.  Sigh.

Is the new file format documented and/or readily understandable for me and people like Its-Me-Bob-O who have written add-on utilities?

The old file format is still supported. You can use either format. I can't say anymore about the new format other than it will handle large numbers of pixels better.

In addition to a DMX Pixel tool, the Tree Wizard and Matrix Wizard will support "DMX Pixel" options so you can make the tree or matrix out of DMX strings. I have put in support for the new DMX strings so that you can import the visualizations into superstar and it will recognize them.

Will the Arch Wizard have the same "DMX Pixel" option too?

Just out of curiosity will there every be a tool where we could copy say a drawing, or upload a drawing into the Image Mode? Drawing them in square by square is ok & it needs to be done if a person wants animated characters but a tool like what I was asking would be helpful. It might not be possible but I thought I would ask. I found images on graph paper & that helps some. I found other means as well but then it is time consuming finding just the right images to use. Sure helps though. 

This has been brought up several times. In the past I have said I do not plan on adding a tool to convert images such as .jpg files into superstar images. The reason being that the resolution of superstar images is so low that converting a high resolution image would seldom result in anything that looked good.

But some people are getting lots of pixels now, and resolutions are increasing, so I am considering doing it. But it probably won't happen until next year.

This has been brought up several times. In the past I have said I do not plan on adding a tool to convert images such as .jpg files into superstar images. The reason being that the resolution of superstar images is so low that converting a high resolution image would seldom result in anything that looked good.

But some people are getting lots of pixels now, and resolutions are increasing, so I am considering doing it. But it probably won't happen until next year.

Thank you for this update.  I found stuff on the internet that helps with my animated characters. I could do even more animated characters with some of the stuff found on the internet ........all I need is a 20 ccr tree or a 20 smart 50 count pixel string tree. Most of the images I have seen on the internet that are similar to the Superstar grid lines have  that many grid lines or more.

Edited by lightzilla