Light-O-Rama Forums

DIY kits

jforbes555666

I just received 2 diy kits and have been putting them together. The boards that come in these kits are really amazing quality. I have worked on a lot of printed circuit boards in the past. Always have to be careful not to over heat the copper and have it peal off the board. I do not think you have to worry about that with these. I am really impressed with these kits from instructions, to quality, and do not forget the green and red bubble wrap packing.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally figured out why channel 1-8 was not working on either board. I overlooked using the jumper on the neutral side when using one power cord to test them. I spent hours looking at solder joints and component orientation when it was something simple on both.

Time to borrow a sequence or two and get these 32 channels making my house and yard blink for the first time. May even test out the FM Tx I just got in.

Very nice kits. Just remember to use enough solder to make the connectors for the pigtails very robust. Check that both sides of the board are making solid connections. I up my soldering iron to 45 watts for these heavy duty connections.