Light-O-Rama Forums

Tracks

jml255

I have the basic version.  I can only have 2 tracks.  I am just messing around with the visualizer and downloaded sequences, trying to get the hang of the software, most of the sequences have more than two tracks.  is there any way to merge these together without deleting tracks?

Make sure all the channels are in one track (the first one is best), and delete the unusable tracks.  You can copy channels from one track to another.

Better solution - upgrade to an advanced license (you will eventually want it anyway, so bite the bullet and upgrade now).

It can be easier to sequence different events. For example, you could group everything by color and run a chase sequence that way. You could have a separate track for a beat track, etc.

Let me give you a big example. I have a pixel tree that has a custom variation of a Brian Bruderer star on top. My star has 360 RGB pixels instead of the usual 6 "rings" of while LEDs. I have multiple tracks just for the star. The difference between each of the track is that the pixels are in different arrangements. This lets me make various effects with a simple chase. For example one track has the pixels arranged so a simple chase will cause a vertical dissolve, and another creates a horizontal dissolve. Here is a lit of the various pixel arrangement tracks:

Pixel star - Rings

Pixel Star - Legs

Pixel Star - Points and Valleys by ring

Pixel Star - Points and Valleys by leg

Pixel Star - Horizontal

Pixel Star - Vertical

Pixel Star - Leg 1 to upper right

Pixel Star - Leg 5 to upper left

Pixel Star - Leg 1 to leg 3

Pixel Star - Leg 5 to leg 3

Pixel Star - Rotation

Although I create my sequences in SuperStar, for the most part I sequence the star in Sequence Editor. There are things I can do quite easily with my custom tracks that would be very difficult to do in SuperStar.

BTW, I will point out that it took me about 2 hours to create each of those tracks - ugh!

Tracks are an absolute total pain in the a$$ to work with compared to Groups.   

Been there - done that.  Before Groups were invented, my sequences had as many as 21 tracks.  Ugh ...