Light-O-Rama Forums

"Tune To" Banner from BuildaSign.com!

tjschroeder17

Somehow I got the idea to design and order a 2ftx5ft banner from BuildaSign.com to replace my current Tune To sign. I designed the image in PowerPoint, exported it at 300DPI and sent it off to BuildaSign. From what I can tell, they are great people. I had to call them initially because my image twas too large for their web editor, but their salespeople are extremely helpful and polite. I received the banner exactly two weeks from the order date, and it looks great. Here's the best part: it was $20! (Free shipping too!)

I don't expect it to last forever, but they vinyl material seems durable, and I opted for the plastic "grommets" over the traditional grommets. I'm not sure how I'm going to hang this thing when it gets closer, but I wanted to give readers some time to buy one if they are interested. I've attached a picture below. Let me know your thoughts 

post-9055-0-38625900-1414676487_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Great idea.  We may adopt your idea for our "Facebook" message.  Nice Job.

We took a different approach to our Tune To sign this year, along the lines of your idea.  We purchased custom 8" vinyl lettering on-line, applied it to a scrap piece of white coro 10"x48" and mounted that on a small wooden frame.  Behind the coro, we put a cheap $2 RGB controller driving $4 worth of RGB strip and power it through an LOR AC controller output.   The controller simply does a slow multi-color fade when it doesnt get a digital command.   Simple, cheap and illuminated, with the option to intelligently control the color later if we ever want it to be a pseudo prop to accent color from the program. 

Sweet!!  I'll have to draw something up in Powerpoint right away and get it to them.  I've traditionally been going with the country rustic, patina look...I used plywood, painted it white and hand painted everything in red.  The idea was that they were hand made by elves.  But now after 3 years, they're just looking old and worn and my wife was on my case to replace them.  I just found my replacement.  Thanks for sharing.

I saw this thread and I purchased a small yard sign for $24 with free shipping. Looks very professional so now I better get some sequences going!

Looks like a nice little business.

• 10 months later...

Bumping thread for people that may have missed it last year or joined afterwards.

I haven't ordered from them myself, but others are very pleased with their reasonable pricing and their fast service.

Also consider Shindigz.com.

http://www.shindigz.com/party-supplies/personalized-banners/17938

A few years ago they were offering a free banner (you pay shipping) coupon every couple of months, so a LOT of people ordered from them.  I personally know of several customers who have ordered multiple times, even paying full price.  None have ever faded or ripped - even after being displayed for 5+ seasons.

In fact, I know of one person who had ordered a very expensive banner from Kinkos and expressly asked if it was UV resistant.  They said yes.  3 seasons later and it was in the garbage it had faded so bad.  

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know what fonts were used in that banner? It looks very professional.

Hello! 

Thanks for the kind words! The main font is called JockeyOne and the only other font on the sign is in the logo, the font's name is Sacramento. Hope that helps!