Light-O-Rama Forums

Pasting in foreground with RGB

BundyRoy

I have some arches with chases going across them. At the moment it is a red strip going across with all the other pixels turned off. I would like to change it so that it looks like a red strip going across a cyan background. So somehow I need to turn all the channels that are off to cyan. I have tried pasting the colour in the foreground and background but the red either disappears altogether or changes colour. Is there a way to do this in S3 Advanced.

Thanks

Cell by cell. Otherwise, you'll get the channel crash, which you've already experienced. You can work it in Superstar if you have that add-on.

Just a thought, depending on how complicated your chase is, couldn't you just recreate the chase with a small cyan-red-cyan as the chase and than use the fill tool to fill in all the cyan.   Does that make sense?

Edit.  For the fill you would need to create a cyan chase at the start and end- straight down the same time mark. Then fill between there and the cyan-red-cyan chase.

Steve

Edited by steve synek

Thanks Steve, that's what I ended up doing. There was a little cut and pasting to get rid of some of the cyan where the chases joined but it was manageable. Thanks again.

I have some arches with chases going across them. At the moment it is a red strip going across with all the other pixels turned off. I would like to change it so that it looks like a red strip going across a cyan background. So somehow I need to turn all the channels that are off to cyan. I have tried pasting the colour in the foreground and background but the red either disappears altogether or changes colour. Is there a way to do this in S3 Advanced.

Thanks

What about using the color fade tool in background mode?  Select your color in the tool, click the background effects button and then fill over your chase.  All of your empty cells will be the color you selected.