Light-O-Rama Forums

background image file

Brad Ford

Hey guys.  I've seen this several times but have yet to figure out why this error message keeps popping up on some sequences.  "background image file does not exist".   These are sequences I received from others who created them.  I'm assuming it's associated with an animation they built but I don't have the background file to.  Is there a way to "clear" this error message?    I'm hoping this is an easy fix that lots of people have seen before and know what to do.  

Is that not referring to the file the visualizer uses ( the pic of your house )? If that is the case it makes sense as most don't send their visualizer file when sharing sequences. I have no idea how to make it go away....

post-6226-0-18948900-1414524102_thumb.jp

Open the sequence and click the Animator button, (see attached picture.) Looks like a little filmstrip in the toolbar.

On the left of the animator window click the remove image button, exit the animator and save.

I tried that but the 'remove' button is shaded. It doesn't give me the option of clicking it. I've tried to find files associated with it and so far no luck. But yet upon opening a sequence, it still gives the error message.

I just tested it and have the remove button available after deleting the image file, but its a file I created.

Try associating a new image, any thing will do, save, reopen and remove again.

I can tell you how to remove it by editing the html in notepad if that doesn't work if you are up for that but it's a bit risky if you are not careful.

"background image file does not exist". These are sequences I received from others who created them.

I've had those messages before. Try this. Close SE down. Go into your documents file. Open the .lms file from there. Then import your media and save it with a new name. Works for me.

Good luck.

I've seen those before also on sequences I open at the office that were created on my home PC. As the error message says, the picture file isn't available. It doesn't affect a darn thing for me - I've just always clicked ok and then gotten on with my sequencing.

• Like 1

I can also just choose a new image and select a black background.

But if I ignore like George does I too can continue with visualizer and no image.