Light-O-Rama Forums

Audacity Imported Audio Error

Brandon Kibler

I can't get Audacity to play any imported audio. It comes up: “Error while opening sound device. Please check the playback device settings and the project sample rate." Anyone know of a fix for this? I have uninstalled Audacity twice with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

If it were me I would probably go into device manager on the computer and uninstall the audio device and let windows re-install the drivers (or re-install your own drivers if you have a special audio card). Did you try uninstalling and re-installing LAME? http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

I have had a problem with files that had special characters in the name. I just renamed them and they worked, don't know if this is your problem, but maybe change the name and try that.

If it were me I would probably go into device manager on the computer and uninstall the audio device and let windows re-install the drivers (or re-install your own drivers if you have a special audio card). Did you try uninstalling and re-installing LAME? http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

Do you just go in and uninstall? I have never done this before and don't want to lose sound on my computer

I have had a problem with files that had special characters in the name. I just renamed them and they worked, don't know if this is your problem, but maybe change the name and try that.

You mean changing the name of audio file? If so, I did that and no go.

The weird thing is when I go into Audacity and try playing something then exit out. My computer will not have any sound until I reboot.

Can you tell us what audio file it is that you are trying to import?? The exact name.

Edited by EARLE W. TALLEY

Can you tell us what audio file it is that you are trying to import?? The exact name.

HallmarkMusic.mp3 

I also have tried several different wav files without any luck. They play fine on the computer.

If the audio files play fine on the PC using windows media player it might be Audacity program is messed up.

Try un installing Audacity and the Lame file. Re start PC and Re install Audacity and Lame and see if that fixes your problem.

What was the outcome of this problem??? Others would like to know.

Edited by EARLE W. TALLEY

I have tried just about everything without any luck. I have tried 10 different songs and they all play fine in WMP and iTunes. I have uninstalled Audacity, restarted pc and reinstall several times.

If the audio files play fine on the PC using windows media player it might be Audacity program is messed up.

Try un installing Audacity and the Lame file. Re start PC and Re install Audacity and Lame and see if that fixes your problem.

What is "Lame"?

Edited by Brandon Kibler

• The topic was locked