Light-O-Rama Forums

Great Christmas Light Fight 2014

dgrant

So, I heard a rumor here locally that the one other person in this small town, well known for his huge house and display, will be doing the show this year. I've not yet gone over to visit him to ask personally, so for now, just a rumor. Who else in here is lined up for this season, if you can say? For all I know, their rules might prevent telling anyone.

There was a panel at the Christmas Expo about the show in July. From what I remember, they said the contestants had to stay silent until the network announced the contestants. I can't wait to see the show myself!

Yes, by contract they can't say anything and I am sure several on here will be on the show. Going to be a very bright year for the show.

"On its debut, “The Great Christmas Light Fight” delivered ABC’s highest total viewers in the time period in five years and improved 17% over the prior year in total viewers and Adults 18-49 during its three-week run." - ABC Press Release

What's the takeaway on this?  As we all already know, people like lights!

Yep, Hard to compete against money but there is one that I am waiting to see it if he can pull it off. I am sure his will be a great display this year.

Jeff

Hate to say it but....   Last years show it appeared that many of the contestants went out and spent a bunch of money last miniute to make their house displays bigger than they ever were before. 

My kids and I did three skype interviews with the producers. Apparently, we were not selected.

From what I could tell by the questions, it is as much about the family as the lights.

Hate to say it but....   Last years show it appeared that many of the contestants went out and spent a bunch of money last miniute to make their house displays bigger than they ever were before. 

Seriously???

I know two of the shows from last year *didn't* add a bunch of stuff to make their house look bigger. 

I know two of the shows from last year *didn't* add a bunch of stuff to make their house look bigger. 

I bet their the exceptions...

I can say that I'm one of the ones who didn't add anything for the show. If you look at my website my display was the same for the show as it was in 2012. But I'm sure there was a lot of people that did add stuff for the show.

I saw a televison thing about a Great Halloween contest now too...same network. Its airing Oct 28th. Should be fun!

An ABC spokeswoman had contacted me by phone & through email this past Spring/Summer.  After a long discussion with my wife, we declined.  Too disruptive to us and our neighborhood.  Besides, after seeing most (not all) of the winners last year, I don't have that much time and money to compete at that level.  Would have been fun though.

An ABC spokeswoman had contacted me by phone & through email this past Spring/Summer.  After a long discussion with my wife, we declined.  Too disruptive to us and our neighborhood.  Besides, after seeing most (not all) of the winners last year, I don't have that much time and money to compete at that level.  Would have been fun though.

We too were in talks last year and declined for similar reasons.

I applied for them, but only had videos of last year... I don't think they were interested. :) Maybe next year. :D

If you went by his house and it was fully decorated, it might be a clue he was on the show....just sayin

I went by his place yesterday and sure enough, a full crew there setting up his house. Large crane and so on for his 50 foot megatree. He wasn't there or else I would have talked to him but to be safe, I didn't stop to ask questions of anyone else.

• The topic was locked