Light-O-Rama Forums

When do you set up your Halloween display?

Linda

I'm sure there's a post somewhere with this topic but I couldn't find one and am wondering when most people start setting up their Halloween displays. 

I started my setup this past weekend.  I don't do a lot for Halloween because I do so much for Christmas.  I will probably finish my setup for Halloween next weekend but I only run it the last two weeks.

Thank you!  I'm just going to run mine the last two weeks too but didn't want to wait that long to get it set up.  I started putting a few things out today.

Yup, October 1 or weekend closest is when I start setting up.

Most of my lights carry over to Christmas....change out the pumpkins for arches, the graveyard spots for a spiral but all the trees, bushes and roofline will be in place.

This is when I spend the most time setting up for the holidays.

I try to say that last 2 weeks are my show but I get impatient. Once everything is up, I start the show. I hope to have it all up weekend after next. But it is going up fast. Probably will beat that date.

• Like 1

I set up 99% of mine yesterday, still have to hack two inflatable pumpkins and make a "tune to" sign, plan on going full on this friday at 8pm, im only going to run it 8-10 fri, sat, sundays.

• Like 1

I Started 2 weekend ago getting things out. but i start putting it out the last weekend  of September. It will take me almost

every weekend tell the day of Halloween to get it all ready.

• Like 2

Hallowxmas...I love your window eyes. What projector are you using for those?

when I dig them out of the shed sometime this week.  I will post a photo of my setup for the projectors and as well of the controller setup. just so you get an ideal on how they are setup. I have the 2 upper side windows connected with a Y connector splitting the video signal. There is a 8 channel video player that's connected to a relay box I made with 8 connection going to a LOR 16 channel controller the relay box is used to interface as a triger for each channel of a video player with the 8 files on it. the center window has the same setup but without a Y connection to the video player. and the main window on the ground floor is connected to the computer running everything from Fog to all the lights and props it also tied into the FM Transmitter. 

Started last weekend since it was nice and cool and hope to finish this weekend.  Go live hopefully on the 10th.  

Got 2,150 lights up on monday. Plan is to get the rest of my lighted pumpkins out and start the show on Oct. 15th.