Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Coro Candy cane sequence

John (oldandslow)

Shella, put a candy cane demo on the holiday core candy cane site. I was wondering how she did the solid color going across the canes while the the regular colors chased up the cane. I thought it was very cool.

I tried looking up her name but couldn't find it.

This is my first attempt with rgb. Any help is appreciated

John (oldandslow)

In Nutcracker, you can get that effect using the spiral across all of the canes. If you have 8 you would need all 8 in the prop to get that effect. I do the same thing with my matrix

Thanks for the reply. It looks like I am going to have to learn a new program. Any advice on which one will be easies to learn and use for a 72 year old kid. :)

xlights or Nut cracker?

Thanks for the reply. It looks like I am going to have to learn a new program. Any advice on which one will be easies to learn and use for a 72 year old kid. :)

xlights or Nut cracker?

They are the same.

Nutcracker is the actual sequencing software, well, it's really an "Effects Generator". xLights is a scheduler. Some folks run their show with xLights. 

Nutcracker is supposed to be part of LOR S3 in some fashion, when the new release comes out. It probably wouldn't hurt to learn it now to get familiar with it. It does effects on the element level, ie., Pixel tree, Matrix, the candy canes in question, etc.

LOR S3 and/or the Superstar add on, will create effects at the single pixel level. I prefer Superstar because I like total control of what I'm sequencing.

Some effects are easier and faster in Nutcracker but again, on the entire element level. It takes me longer to create effects with Superstar, but it's well worth the effort.

I have 5 candy canes and downloaded xlights/nutcracker and realize I have my hands full just trying to do 80 pixels. My respect goes out to you Ron and others who put out wonderfull RGB displays

I have 1 month until I start to put up my display of 192 LOR channels. I just might scrap the candy canes for this year If I can't make any headway in a week or two.

Thanks to all for the replies

John (oldandslow)