Light-O-Rama Forums

All lights on!

oilmoney

So I'm curious about how everyone feels about all lights on 100% intensity. Is there a big risk to the display or is this one of the first things you try when the lights are up? Also once you've got them all on how long is too long to keep them like that? Just want to take some pics and definately want an " all on " for the finale. Does everyone go straight to 100% or step er up by 10% increments. I'm just posting this as display will be alot bigger than last year, I don't want to start it up, floor it, and see/smell magic smoke. LOL :)

Thanks for reading this,

Chad

I go all lights on as soon as I can.  If there is going to be any type of failure let it happen quickly and move on.. Just my way of dealing with it..

• Like 1

As long as the amps are under the max for your controllers and your breaker box you should be fine.  Last year I had just over 22,000 lights (95%) led, running just over 16 amps total with all on.  I had them all on quite a bit.  That is also one of the first things I do is turn them all on to take pics.

I agree with all of the above, however, I am 100% LED and find that 100% on is too bright so I almost never go above 75% for my lights.  This has nothing to do with power usage, smelling smoke, or anything like that... just visual. 

• Like 1

We're 95% incandescent and have around 70,000-75,000 lights in all. It takes planning so you do not risk smoking controllers, wiring, or that little bunny chewing through your wiring. :)

I don't ever turn on all three of our primary colors but that's more because of looks. I will have two fully on and peak draw is over 200A. I've left them on like this for probably 15 minutes or so while taking pictures without anything bad happening.

If you go LED then most of the planning we used to work on is basically negated due to how little power they use. (No comment on which style of lighting is better, but just look at my first sentence to see which side we fall into...)

Between every song I do something with all (or most of the lights)

- Twinkle everything

- Shimmer Everything

- All On

- All Blues on and so on

One of the nicest things about LEDs, once you get beyond their brilliant colors and the nearly zero maintenance they require for decades, is never having to worry about counting amps ever again.

I never have all lights on, but only because it looks dumb with my setup.

Edited by George Simmons