Light-O-Rama Forums

I built my window treatments

portcity_gt

So how did you attach them? Do you mount them on some sort of frame and then attach that to the window or did you mount them directly to the siding. I'd like to do something like that but I don't want to put holes in the side of the house.

• Like 1

I just put a couple screws in the siding above the windows and wires on the pallets so I can hang the pallets from the screws.

I figure I can use the same setup for Christmas frames.

I just used pallets, moved the boards around and hung them.

did something similar last year though I used construction Styrofoam, cut long plank sections with a razor knife, spray painted black, mounted with two sided tape.

null_zps8199749e.jpg

Edited by caniac
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Foam works great.  To get a more "wood-like" effect you can use a hot wood burning tool to replicate grain.  here's a pic of the foam windows on my house.  They are attached with two wood ferring strips.  brackets, screwed into the top of the shutters, keeps them in place.  1010419_1403170419936527_704320214_n.jpg

• Like 1

Foam works great. To get a more "wood-like" effect you can use a hot wood burning tool to replicate grain. here's a pic of the foam windows on my house. They are attached with two wood ferring strips. brackets, screwed into the top of the shutters, keeps them in place. 1010419_1403170419936527_704320214_n.jpg

Your. Display is the inspiration for mine, its set up very similar. Im even using modified versions of your sequences, I was hoping to get a few more songs done but I ran out of time.