Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone Using LOR CCR's & CCB's with xLights/Nutcracker?

bullets

There has to be... and if so, can you please talk me through how to do it.

I can't get my LOR controllers to work in xLights/Nutcracker and I believe it's because I have to have them in DMX mode.. I think.

My Setup:

9 - LOR 1602/16 Ch Controllers

4 - LOR CCB Controllers

10 - LOR CCR Controllers

3 - LOR CMB24D Controllers

SanDevices E682's & 6804's

Everything works in the LOR Software, but I can't get them to light within xLights/Nutcracker... SanDevices all work.  See attached image of setup page.

1. All of the LOR Controllers are setup as LOR (not DMX) using 5 USB-RS485 HS Dongles.  After reading posts I know now that they need to be changed from LOR to DMX.  Is that correct?
  2. I need to make/buy a "LOR/DMX cross over cable" for each of the 5 Dongles.  Is that also correct?
  3. Once I get the cross over cables attached to the dongles my setup would be "Open DMX".  Right?
  4. What changes do I make to my LOR Software after changing the controllers over to DMX?

This seems way too easy... any advise...

Thanks

post-1876-0-79997100-1409447678_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...

you have to change EVERYTHING to DMX, you can't run the LOR controllers with NC like you would with the LOR software.

The problem is, there is a limit to how many LOR channels can be run off of xLights.  To solve this problem, you need to run the LOR equipment via DMX.  I'm sure it can be done with a USB to DMX dongle, but I was told to use an E1.31 DMX bridge.

The problem is, there is a limit to how many LOR channels can be run off of xLights.  To solve this problem, you need to run the LOR equipment via DMX.  I'm sure it can be done with a USB to DMX dongle, but I was told to use an E1.31 DMX bridge.

You can run 96 channels of LOR, and that is it.

• The topic was locked