Light-O-Rama Forums

Advanced effect samples

WayneKremer

I understand how the basic SS effects work, however, I've seen some real cool effects that I can't easily figure out how they were done.  Is there a website that contains some free sequences or clipboards?  Not interested in copying full sequences at all.  Just interested in effects.  Such as:

• Stripes of red and green painted horizontally across the tree and then after it is done, they all drop down to the bottom of the tree.
  • Morphs performing behind an image.
  • Stripes of red and green dropping and stacking at the bottom of the tree (like snowfall)...and then dropping totally off the tree.

I'm pretty sufficient using SS for images, but doing some of the advanced morphing and scene effects.  Any help appreciated!  thx!

Try these and let me know if this is what you're looking for. 

Pay particular attention to the "x" and "y" boxes. This is where you get the movements for images.

Hope this helps.

edit: I guess the link would help.    https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4bbzl7tla6v5w3/Advanced%20Effects.sup?dl=0

Edited by Ron Boyd
  • Like 1

If you're doing a 360° tree, there are some samples that Brian has in the SS software. If yours is a 180° tree, sorry, I can't help you. I use Nutcracker for my spirals. I can't figure it out in SS.

no tree- I have a 12 CCR matrix- thanks

Oh, wait a sec, what you're looking for is the "Smooth Effects". The spiral on it, I'm still working that one out.

Try this:

Select "Smooth Effects"

leave the default yellow arrow on the matrix as is.

Now select the following:

"Spiral"

highlight ~3 seconds for the effect (or how long you want it to be. Less time means a faster spiral, more time is, of course, a slower spiral)

Radius-->0, 50 

:Revolutions 7.25

Width, 1, 5

Tail Time Length, 0.50

Acceleration, -5

Then select the colors you want. If you "Blend" the colors and use say, Red, Green and Blue, you will get the colors between each of those transitions (Yellow and aqua and a few others, channel collision). If you do not blend, the effect will change from R-->G-->B. Both effects are pretty cool.

Play around with the Radius and Width to get your desired spiral. 

That's about all the help I can give you. I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around the Spirals and the Fan. Hopefully someone will jump in here and we both can learn.

Ron, that is exactly what I was looking for!  Thanks!

You're more than welcome. glad I could help.

Edited by Ron Boyd
  • Like 1

http://www.boydchristmasinlights.com/2013-videos.html

Winter Palace, Time stamp 0:43

This is where the candy cane effect starts.

The House On Christmas Street has some Images in it also. A couple of the Smooth effects too.

This one is one of my faves. (Sorry about the shaky camera)

Edited by Ron Boyd

• 4 weeks later...

Try these and let me know if this is what you're looking for. 

Pay particular attention to the "x" and "y" boxes. This is where you get the movements for images.

Hope this helps.

edit: I guess the link would help.    https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4bbzl7tla6v5w3/Advanced%20Effects.sup?dl=0

Ron, I picked up your file from Dropbox and loaded it into SS. All worked well until the program got to 32:70, scene 159 when nothing plays back from that point on. And even though there appear to be scenes to view, the color is always white, but there are no scenes to view. I also downloaded your .sup file direct to the computer without going through Dropbox, but had the same result. Any idea why nothing plays back when I reach the 32:70 mark? Thanks.

Tim, those effects were created in the CCR mode and then copied to my visualization mode and then moved to be on my star for the Pixel tree. Those effects are for the star and were probably highlighted when I copied the effects I wanted to show. If you move them to the left using group modify by 5 positions, they will show up as probably 6 pixels or 6 channels. Nothing special in those. the first 25 or 30 seconds are the effects I wanted to demonstrate. I'll fix it so there will not be any confusion. 

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Excellent job on the fire effect in winter palace! Great job on the whole thing!

As you know I am doing the outline of my house and I saw some effects you did to your windows -  I like. Might have to email you a request for knowlege