Light-O-Rama Forums

My Son Michael

PMC

As many of you know my son was fighting cancer for a second time in his life the first time was leukemia back in 2003 and brain cancer in 2013, Michael passed away on July 3rd, 2014 at 2:15am due to complications from his Stage IV brain tumor, Michael fought a courageous battle (he was 17). It was his idea for me to do the Light Show back in 2007, so I will continue in his memory, as painful as it will be for me to do so, The Lights Stay ON.......

Every time you work on the display, you will be thinking of Michael.  He will live on as long as he is remembered.

My thoughts and prayers go out for you as well as I am sure the rest of the LOR community.  Keep the lights burning!

Prayers going out to you and your family for healing and understanding. I can't imagine what you're feeling. Just know that Heaven gained a wonderful Angel on that day. May his memory burn bright in your mind, forever.

My condolences to you and your family for your terrible loss. I hope that you and your family continue to light the house brightly for many years to come. For Michael would have wanted it that way! Please always remember, and don't ever forget, "JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON" may he bless you and your family for now and forever. 

Sorry for your loss.  I lost my spouse 3 years ago to cancer.  I can't imagine the pain of losing a child.  Make sure that you get good support for your mental health.  Friends and family may think that since the death is over that you are "better".  But it may take years for you to feel "normal" again.

God bless.

Our hearts are with you,

Remember this,  He will see the lights every time you do them, God Bless.

Greg & Family

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. So sorry for your loss. The joy your lights will bring to young people year after year is a great legacy and way to honor your son.

Very sorry for your loss, I couldn't imagine what that would be like.

While it will be hard to do the lights, if it's something your son really enjoyed then it's a good way to honor and remember him.

Sorry to have missed this for so long. PMC so sorry to hear that you lost your son. Lost a daughter to SID at 3 months. But your loss is worse than mine. Good of you to keep on with the lights in memory of your son. I would have to think that your sons request for you to do the lights will bring so much joy to other kids. If not for his request, those kids would not have those lights to enjoy.

So, sorry.

Didn't see this thread either to just now. Very sorry. My neighbor lost his wife to cancer 3 years ago, and still keeps his two entrance hollies lit every night for her.

Sorry to read your news.  Michael's suffering has ended and he's in a better place now.  Small comfort perhaps, but one you can hold near and dear.