I'm curious if one of the following is possible:

Situation 1

• Run main sequence/show (A)
  • When a trigger is received, immediately stop A and run sequence/show B
  • When B finishes, restart A

Situation 2

• Run main sequence/show A
  • When a trigger is received, run sequence/show B concurrently with A

Don is correct about your first situation.  When I hit a trigger button, the show running stops and the sequence for that button starts.  When that trigger finishes, it goes back to the first sequence in your show. 

You can actually do the second scenario as well. I have a sequence that is played whenever a trigger is received from my donation box. The rest of my show continues running, uninterrupted, when this trigger is received. Note that the donation box sequence is an animation sequence. I don't recall whether a musical sequence would work in this scenario.

You can't run two shows simultaneously, but two sequences can run at the same time, as I described above.

Edited by Aaron Maue

You can actually do the second scenario as well. I have a sequence that is played whenever a trigger is received from my donation box. The rest of my show continues running, uninterrupted, when this trigger is received. Note that the donation box sequence is an animation sequence. I don't recall whether a musical sequence would work in this scenario.

You can't run two shows simultaneously, but two sequences can run at the same time, as I described above.

How would you accomplish this task?  I am not aware of any way that can be made to work...

For me, the main sequence is animation, the second would be musical.  Worth a try.  Worst case it interrupts 

How would you accomplish this task?  I am not aware of any way that can be made to work...

I set up my musical show in the Musical tab of the Show Editor, just like normal. Then I set up an interactive "group" to play when someone opens my donation box. I have the interactive group set up like this...

1. Click on the Interactive tab in the Show Editor.

2. Select the "jukebox" type and select OK

3. I named my interactive group "Donation Box"

4. Click on the "+" sign.

5. Set up the trigger you wish to use. For me, it's on the Regular network, controller 15, input 1. I named my trigger "mail slot"

6. Click on the "+" sign.

7. Select your sequence file. For me, it's an animation file. I've never tried it with a musical sequence.

8. Select OK.

I've used this for the last couple of years. My show continues to play, just as I want it to, when the donation box is opened. But, when the box is opened, I do a simple 3-string light chase around the donation box. It runs for 30 seconds (the duration of the animation sequence), stops, and waits for the next person to open the donation box. Then, it plays the same animation sequence again.

I set up my musical show in the Musical tab of the Show Editor, just like normal. Then I set up an interactive "group" to play when someone opens my donation box. I have the interactive group set up like this...

1. Click on the Interactive tab in the Show Editor.
2. Select the "jukebox" type and select OK
3. I named my interactive group "Donation Box"
4. Click on the "+" sign.
5. Set up the trigger you wish to use. For me, it's on the Regular network, controller 15, input 1. I named my trigger "mail slot"
6. Click on the "+" sign.
7. Select your sequence file. For me, it's an animation file. I've never tried it with a musical sequence.
8. Select OK.

I've used this for the last couple of years. My show continues to play, just as I want it to, when the donation box is opened. But, when the box is opened, I do a simple 3-string light chase around the donation box. It runs for 30 seconds (the duration of the animation sequence), stops, and waits for the next person to open the donation box. Then, it plays the same animation sequence again.

G3-MP3 Triggers  How would you accomplish this task?

Ok.. now the cat is off my lap I can type instead of cut and paste!  hee hee..

Aaron, I think you are running from a computer.  He wanted to know how to do it from an MP3 Director I think.   I would loved to have had a way to return to a specific part of a show with a Director.. but it resets back to the beginning of the background show every time you end a triggered show. 

But... I do like your idea of how to make donation thing work.. I will have to give that a shot.

Craig

Ugh. You're right, plasma. I should learn to read first... then type. I was giving the instructions for doing it with the PC. Sorry for any confusion.

good day all

here is how I would do, maybe to simple but it works

use trigger input 1 on station 1 to trigger show A on the g3mp3, as you do already

use a controller  just for the box with its own trigger possibility and its own sequence stored in the controller memory.    use the same trigger switch from the donationbox connected also to  station 1 to trigger show A, but set up on trigger input 2 on the g3mp3 this time.

result:

Triggerswitch 1 only triggers  show A

triggerswitch 2   triggers show A and show on the box simultaniously

Or am I missing the point here in what he wants

Dick

A trigger not on the Showtime Director can't trigger a show/sequence that is living on the director. (If it does, then I can't think of a way to program it.)

When you program shows for the Showtime Director, you are limited to 6 triggers, which appear on the Director. 

Good morning,

I do understand you.

but a switch can be used to have wires to the director aswell to the controller, thus hardware wired to both and trigger both at the same time. even a switch can have two internal switches if you would like to separate the wires.

The big red buttons I use have  possibilities to connect two different wires, thus trigger two devices at the same time.

Dick

If you want to get fancy (and complicated), you could get a 2nd MP3 director that would be on a separate network with a controller. One channel on this controller would energize a relay that would switch some of the controllers from the 1st MP3 director to the 2nd MP3 director. When this happens, you would have 2 shows running from 2 different MP3 directors, each controlling a different set of controllers.

This 2nd MP3 director would have a trigger that runs a sequence that turns on the relay, then runs the show. After the show, it would turn the relay off, returning control to the 1st MP3 director.

You could get even more complicated by having this relay not only switch the controllers to the 2nd director, but also send a trigger to the 1st director so it would play a show that looks good with the limited number of controllers that it would now be controlling.