Light-O-Rama Forums

A couple of songs from my 4th Of July show

dbltrukr1

I built the flag myself. Its a 1x4 frame with a 1/4" birch plywood face. Plywood is recessed about 3/4" from front edge of 1x4 so I could cover front with a piece of plywood for storage without pushing the lights back in. Painted whole thing with exterior white paint. The red stripes and blue field are a tape used for stripes on vehicles. I made a template to drill the holes which are just big enough to hold the lights in by friction. The back is covered with more plywood with a notch so the wires can plug into controller that was screwed to the back. I used incan lights this year that I picked up at walmart after Christmas cheap.

really nice show, love the flag also, did one the last two years except mine was a 18ft x 9ft. i built it on the siding of my car port, LOTTTTS OF LIGHTS!!!!!!  lol

this year i did something a little different, still 32chs but insted of a flag i went with 8  1.5x2ft boxes ( 8 red and 8 blue ) plus a couple fire sticks, here is a couple vids for ya, let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVXRdDBPFfE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tds5A5rOdo

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice! I like the way you designed the flag with storing in mind. I have been looking for ideas for flags in 2015 for my first July 4th display, looks great.

• 4 months later...

Making my flag for 2015, also my 1st 4th of July as I just got into LOR in Oct, 2014..

Plan on trying out a 4X8 peg board.... 50 white lights for the stars, 100 blue.... each side of the white stars.... a row of red lights starting at top for the red stripes each row as a channel.... and rows of white ... each as a channel.... that comes out to 15 channels for the flag....  

using my 8 channel (multi color) archs (2 for light poles) with three color star burst on top  of each pole, 1 red, 1 white 1 blue made of rope light and goes from small blue star to white center star and then to red large outer star on each pole 1 one each side of the Flag.. , and 1 (multi color) archs at base of each light pole. ( thats 53 channels if I counted right)

I still will have 11 channels left... LOL ...trying to think and get ideas as to what else  I can add to it....

will be using a lot of songs from the military bands as they are free to use and free to download from the military sites..

will also be using some other songs on it..

any ideas as to what else I can include in it....

am thinking each branch's real flag on a staff light with spot lights and that would take another 5 channels, 1 Army, 1 Navy, 1 Marine, 1 AF and 1 Coast Guard..... still 5 or 6 channels left....lol

I am open to more suggestions and ideas... 

Hey Sarge some nice floods are a good way to add a lot of color and light to the house without taking away from the Flag. Love the idea about the spot lights on the flags.

Is your house the one that has the fence around the front yard?

• 3 weeks later...

yep my place is totally fenced in and gated unless I open the gate to let someone in my display can only be seen from down in the valley with binoculars or a telescope.. lol.. other then tat just a few neighbors here can see it really good.

if you look map quest or google maps mine is the one at the east end of T2 just east of 32nd st. mine is the one on the very end with the pool at the nw side of the house. I am between T2 from 32nd st and (West of) T2 at Valley Springs Rd.

I am planning on getting more Flag poles from harbor freight and Having Real flags for each branch as well as poles with star bursts and my arch's and probably a flag made of lights to. and maybe some other things if i can think of something.

Any Ideas is appreciated..

Edited by Old Sarge

• 2 weeks later...

hi sarge - have you watched the display in florida?  go to Holdmanlighting.com   go to video gallery...its there to watch.  I love love love that song.  I used it in  my 4th of july display

a couple of years ago.. let me know what you think

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My flag didnt make it... had to many things come up... will still have spots on my real flags and my pool BBQ party will go as planned... wiill be running my archs, firs sticks, bursts etc. though.. Maybe next year my big flag will be ready and working..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...