Light-O-Rama Forums

maguiar71

Hello,

I have been doing a bit of research about the LOR system and associated software and am close to making a purchase.  I have one question that I can't seem to find an answer for, sprites.  Is the S3 software capable of running independent sprites based upon external inputs provided by the input pup or is this strictly linear?  I was hoping to run different light sequences at the same time based upon separate inputs, similar to what can be done in flash (for those of you who are familiar).  From what I can tell, the software is strictly linear and the input pup only provides access to starting different shows from beginning to end as opposed to running different shows at the same time.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

While running shows. an animation sequence can run in the background while a musical sequence plays, but that's about the only way I can think of to run two sequences at the same time.

I'm unsure what you're trying to achieve running two sequences, presumably with different audio and lighting effects, at the same time.  All I can conjure up is visual gibberish trying to do that.  Maybe a better explanation of exactly what you're trying to do would help.  

Yes, S3 can do that. It is done through the "Interactive" tab of the Show Editor. Your example is a "Magic Toy" group. You write a sequence that shows the lights you want, create a Magic Toy Interactive Group with that sequence in it, and assign that group to an input. You can create as many groups as you have inputs.

Edited by Steven