Light-O-Rama Forums

Olaf 5 channel singing face

1983ss454

F7A43BD9-D1D9-4F2B-9F17-05B0EE1488A0_zps

This was an idea sprung on me by the wife Sunday, Drew out the idea Monday, picked up the Coro and wood Tuesday, frames and glue Wednesday, drawn and holes poked on Thursday, done on Friday. Just need to make some cords and hook it up and test it. It's a 5 channel face to go along with the song "in summer" from frozen. When she has an idea to add stuff and will so the sequencing for it, I'll build it immediately, pleases her and she don't ask about other stuff I'm working on lol

• Like 9

Looks Great! Can't wait to see a finished song! Just out of Curiosity, have you seen the movie?

-Chris-

On a side-note AHHHHHH Vertical Video Syndrome!!!

• Like 1

This song is complete, wife sequenced the lyrics in 2-3 hours. I have most of the yard done, maybe an hour or 2 left to tweak. Yes I have seen the movie, my son loves and watches it all the time. What you don't see in the video is at his feet there is a blue "puddle" of lights, so that comes in when in the movie he looks at the puddle and says happy snowman.

I like the blue Puddle Idea. If you have an extra channel you could also add Sunglasses to him. Just a Suggestion. Looks Great!

-Chris-

I like the blue Puddle Idea. If you have an extra channel you could also add Sunglasses to him. Just a Suggestion. Looks Great!

-Chris-

That's a good idea, but would

Have to be 2 channels, might have to see if I can spare 2. One for his eyes and one for the sunglasses, would have to shut one off and turn to the other on

That's a good idea, but would Have to be 2 channels, might have to see if I can spare 2. One for his eyes and one for the sunglasses, would have to shut one off and turn to the other on

Oh the eyes aren't seperate already? I guess it is only 5 channels currently. 

I have them wired seperatly but haven't actually programmed this or my singing tree to blink the eyes. It's 7 channels right now, 5 for mouth, 1 for outline, 1 for blue puddle

• 2 weeks later...
that is fantastic - I'm another adult fan of Frozen :) and I pretty much just fell in love with this :D

Thanks, it's actually improved some. I made some changes to make him more like the movie Olaf

Here is a test of the improved Olaf, just used my beat channels to control the arms and body, once it's sequenced to the music should look great

I love singing characters and your Olaf is a great one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is so incredibly cool.  Any chance you can share the sequence???  send to jostalin@att.net if you are willing?  The kids will go ape for this!   I promise I don't live on your street!   lol.