Light-O-Rama Forums

4-step Sequencing Tutorial

jstorms

I've had lots of people ask about sequencing, so I threw together a 4 step tutorial. There are lots of ways to do sequencing, this way works for me.

1) Breaking down the song into musical elements. Beat, background, foreground, vocals, etc.

2) Mapping channels and setting up the S2 visualizer.

3) Making Sequencing fast and easy with tracks and groups.

4) Finally, putting lights to music.

Files used in the tutorial:

Step 1: Breaking down the song into musical elements. Beat, background, foreground, vocals, etc.

Step 2: Mapping channels and setting up the S2 visualizer.

Step 3: Making Sequencing fast and easy with tracks and groups.

Step 4: Finally, putting lights to music.

I have to say wow this helped me out 100% now I feel I have a chance at sequencing I was pretty lost before now I feel like I can do it Think you I need to come see your show next year you are just down the road from us

• 2 weeks later...

John,

I gotta agree with the sentiment. I have watched a fair amount of tutorials, and I have to say that yours is one of the best. Very concise, and detailed. Nice job.

I've been struggling with sequencing for 4 years, this defiantly helped in a lot of ways. Now that everything is all setup and sorted lets see if I can actually sequence a song worth watching lol

Thank you for this outstanding learning experience.  Your video's gave me a better understanding for using the LOR tools so I can now sequence my own music.  

• 2 months later...

Going to be doing some sequencing classes at the Ultimate Academy in Conroe, Texas and then later at the Christmas Expo in Biloxi this summer. Will be similar to the tutorials posted in Youtube.

awesome, thank you for sharing. I've only watched the first video and already picked up a tons of Ninja Techniques.

Thanks so much

John last year was my 2nd year with LOR and I have done all my own sequencing with a little help from the great people on this forum. I watched all 4 of your tutorials last month and have just bookmarked them so I can go through them again. There are lots of things I didn't know which I want to see again. Thanks for taking the time to put these together Tony

Thanks man. You have just opened some doors for this noob. I thought I had a good plan of attack for the songs but you just made life a little more easier. Again thanks.

I've watched them all 1x- think I'll be watching them a few more, but they are terrific!

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Easily the best video tutorials on the web.  I watched them twice before deciding I want to try and now that I'm starting to sequence myself I've found myself going back to watch parts of them a third and fourth time.

Thanks John.