Light-O-Rama Forums

PacNW Regional C.L.A.P - 2014 Mtg

zman

Happy New Year everyone. I know most of you still have a display for a few more nights, or have started to tear down, but we have already locked the date for our annual get together.

Saturday May 3rd.

Nancy Foley graciously still wants to host us at her house in Olympia, WA. This has been an awesome location and event for over 10 years now, and we have gotten bigger each year. We will still have the Set Up Gathering and Pizza Meet & Greet on Friday afternoon/evening.

This is notice to reserve your calendar's for the date, and to provide suggestions on subject matter. More to follow as the planning progresses.

As a newbie to this I would love to come and pick your brains. May 3rd may be hard though, My oldest girls birthday is the second. I will keep it in mind.

As a newbie to this I would love to come and pick your brains. May 3rd may be hard though, My oldest girls birthday is the second. I will keep it in mind.

Jerry, bring her along, she might be able to teach us some new things.

Not that much farther to Pike Place market...G That's a good B-Day location. Lots of stuff on the way too. I think Great Wolf Lodge is less than an hour from the meeting spot. There's St Helen's that's a little detour on the drive up. Will say since your coming from farther then me. Drive up the day before. An AM drive kills your concentration during the sessions.

The G is extra... need edit back.

• 4 weeks later...

I will be bringing a bunch of Rainy Tree and Rainy Banding Tree kits up to NWCLAP.  I'm putting the final touches on my presale flier and should have it available in the next day or two.  But I've decided if Northwest folks want some trees, I'll bring them up to CLAP so you won't have to pay shipping.  If you're coming to CLAP and wanted one of my types of trees send me a PM and I'll add you to the list to receive the presale flier directly.  If I can get the Kickstarter to fund and the Rainy Banding Clips completed prior to CLAP I'll also be bringing some of those.

-Matt

RainyOregonchrStmaS

• 1 month later...

In a week I need to put an order in with the machine shop in order to get items back in time for NWCLAP.  If you wanted trees, you need to let me know so I can make sure I have enough parts machined.  I also finally figured out a nice base for the trees.  It uses a galvanized floor flange and 1" square aluminum tubing.  Easy to set up, easy to store.  

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B391FEB1972280F0!275&authkey=!ACRkWtTUm0dXWDg&ithint=folder%2c

See you all in two months!

-RainyOregonchriStmaS

Sorry everyone for the delay in pushing info. We are still a go for Saturday May 3rd. Sponsor listing to follow

There is the annual Pizza Feast the evening before for those who come in from out of town.

We are asking for potential subject matter you are interested in. Currently there are 5 items in our agenda so far and we are looking to fill it in with input from you.

Some suggested topics - EMT Bending

Friday May 2nd - Afternoon - Set up at the Foley's

Night Pizza Feast Meet & Greet - 5:30pm

Farrelli'sPizza & Pool Co

4870 Yelm Hwy SE

Lacey, WA

360-493-2090

Saturday May 3rd:

Nancy Foley

4842 Thompson Lane SE

Olympia, WA 9851

7:30am - 8:30am - Meet and Greet, Swap Meet, Networking, coffee, donuts

8:30am to 6:00pm - CLAP start (NOTE WE START AT 8:30am)

Current Agenda:

1. Welcome/Introductions

2. Xlights/Nutcracker

3. Display Details Roundtable (Open moderated forum)

4. Broadcasting your display (FM Transmission, set up, concerns)

5. LED Repair

6. The Art and Presentation of a Christmas Display: The Holy Grail

Give us your input look forward to seeing everyone soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I will give this a bit of a bump with an update:

To the Agends:

LED Repair - Shortening/Customizing length
Raspberry Pi - Overview and use (Turns out Captain_Murdoch is in our backyard!)

Our Sponsors always seem to come through for us please support them:

3G Lighting
Creative Displays Inc.
Reindeers
Christmas LEDs
Demented Elf
Holiday Coro
Seasonal Entertainment

Once I get back in the country I will work on more info and updates Hope to see you on May 3rd.

I plan on attending.  Last year was my first and the experience was great and

got me started in figuring our what to do for the 2013 holiday season.  

Don't know if others would be interested but I'd love something on the

SuperStar software.

And thanks to Mrs. Foley for being the gracious hostess she is.

Ken Iverson

WestSeattleYuleTide

Thanks for the kudos, we like positive reinforcement. We gotcha down as attending, and thanks for volunteering to talk about 2D RGB Tree creation too!

Adding Winklebottom's to our Sponsor list, Thanks Gregg!

One more agenda item - 2D RGB Tree Construction

This is still a free event, in one of the best locations in the country. Nancy Foley graciously pops for lunch, and others spring for drinks and donuts for the morning.

Please RSVP and let us know if you are going to make it. We need an accurate head count. Post here, IM me, or send an email. Hope to see you all in May!

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'll throw it out there.  Since we have our traditional rummage sale, what's everyone bringing?

I've got a stash of wire frames, a trampoline hoop, and a bunch of other stuff I'm bringing. 

I'm also bringing up some of my prototypes of my trees so you guys can see what I've been working on over the last year.  I may even have a handful of leftover prototype parts available.  We'll see.

ALSO!!!  if anyone has a handful of "Dead" bullet pixels you're not using, throw them in a box and bring them up to NWCLAP.  I need a good handful of them for demonstration props for my pixel clips.  It just somehow seems wrong to cut up good strings of pixels to make them into nonfunctional props. 

-Matt

We are 18 days away CLAP on May 3rd! Final update to Sponsor list and agenda.

Looking for RSVP's to finalize the head count for lunch: This is a free event for all to attend, but we need to ensure we plan accordingly.

Friday May 2nd - Afternoon - Set up at the Foley's

Night Pizza Feast Meet & Greet - 5:30pm

Farrelli'sPizza & Pool Co

4870 Yelm HwySE

Lacey, WA

360-493-2090

Saturday May 3rd:

Nancy Foley

4842Thompson Lane SE

Olympia, WA 9851

7:30am - 8:30am - Meet and Greet, Swap Meet, Networking, coffee, donuts

8:30am to 6:00pm - CLAP start (NOTE WE START AT 8:30am)

Current Agenda:

1. Welcome/Introductions

2. Raspberry Pi / Xlights / Nutcracker

3. Display Details Roundtable (Open moderated forum)

4. 2D Pixel Tree Design and Execution

5. Broadcasting your display (FM Transmission, set up, concerns)

6. LED - Repair / Lengthening / Shortening

7. The Art and Presentation of a Christmas Display: The Holy Grail

Please acknowledge our generous sponsors when you interact with them:

3G Lighting

Creative Displays Inc.

Reindeers

Christmas LEDs

Demented Elf

Holiday Coro

Seasonal Entertainment

Christmas Light Show

There will be plenty of hardware and cool stuff to look at as Show & Tell as always. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Looking foward to it...

I throwing this out there that I am selling my 6 CCR set up. All the controllers are mounted in a water proof enclosure. All the CCR have had their wiring extended 6feet. I had used these as 2d Mega tree.  Message me if interested. I am only offering it up to PNW Clap meeting right now. Asking 1000.00

Just when I thought things were settling down, BANG! 2 more sponsors for our event. Please RSVP if you are coming so we can plan lunch accordingly.

Thanks to:

Mclendon Hardware

DigiPointe LaserWorks

• 2 weeks later...

We are ONE day away from CLAP! Looking forward to seeing everyone either this afternoon at setup/pizza or tomorrow morning.