Light-O-Rama Forums

One of my controllers wont work

NeedsAlotOfHelp

I have 2 controllers and when I configure indivdually to the Hardware Utility program it recognizes them each separately but when I connect the 2 together, only controller 1 will work and the 2nd won't....don't know what to do and am really frustrated....please help if you can...this will teach me to wait to the last minute.....thanks

Can you provide a little more info?

Is the second controller LED steady on or blinking when running a sequence?

Have you tried changing out the cat5 cable going to the second controller?

Also, make sure you have the unit ID correct in your sequences.

Oh, I forgot to say, welcome aboard this crazy forum.

Thanks for your response!  I am at my wits end! When I configure each box individually, the hardware utility detects them with the correct number that I assigned.  When I connect the 2 together, it will only recognize box 1 and not 2.  Box 2 will blink a green light.  Now when I plug the cat5 into the 3rd jack on box 1, it will blink and won't detect so I figure that it has a bad jack.  So I used telephone wire between the 2 and it still didn't work.  Then I unplugged everythng from both boxes and switched them to see if that would work and now none of the boxes work.  It is only a week away from christmas and still no lights and I am rreally frustrated with this whole process.  Not sure if any one can help me at this point but thanks for asking.

Your msgs don't say so I need to ask.  You have assigned a unique unit address to each controller, right?  This is done different ways depending on the controllers you have.  Go to the support site and look up the manual for your controllers.  Look in the section setting unit addresses. 

Using the hardware utility test each box seperately again but this time do the test twice for each box. The first test plug your Cat5e cable into one of the RJ45 jacks and then the other jack for the second test. If that works then on a working box change the main cable coming from the USB converter to the other cables to verify all of your Cat5E cables are good. Post and let us know how this goes.