Light-O-Rama Forums

"Oopsies" - maybe the best extension cords ever?

George Simmons

How many times do you find yourself a foot, or two feet, or 6 inches away from making two cords meet?  So what do you do?  You probably do the same thing I used to - grab a 6-footer and move on.

I had (and survived) a brainstorm after last season and grabbed some rodent/rabbit chewed spt 1 that I had laying around waiting to be re-purposed and cut it up into various random lengths of two feet and less.  Then I popped on vampire plugs on both ends.  I'm in the final stages of setup (typing actually helps accelerate the warming up of fingers when it's 12 degrees outside and wind chills below zero.) and I've used them a bunch of times and they're great.  Wish I'd have thought of it years ago.

Now that doesn't mean you'll avoid times where you come up a bit short.  Happens to all of us.  But there will be no more cussing, as well as a much neater result when it happens again.   

I found the same thing this year, third year in and all the props controllers don't end up in the same exact place. yep I'm guilty of cussing, but in the end I did the same thing, used some left over core from the spool

How many times do you find yourself a foot, or two feet, or 6 inches away from making two cords meet?  So what do you do?  You probably do the same thing I used to - grab a 6-footer and move on.

I had (and survived) a brainstorm after last season and grabbed some rodent/rabbit chewed spt 1 that I had laying around waiting to be re-purposed and cut it up into various random lengths of two feet and less.  Then I popped on vampire plugs on both ends.  I'm in the final stages of setup (typing actually helps accelerate the warming up of fingers when it's 12 degrees outside and wind chills below zero.) and I've used them a bunch of times and they're great.  Wish I'd have thought of it years ago.

Now that doesn't mean you'll avoid times where you come up a bit short.  Happens to all of us.  But there will be no more cussing, as well as a much neater result when it happens again.   

Yup... I swear these cords shrink!

I made them 3' over length last year, and now with everything in the same spots, they're just barely long enough! WTH? :huh:

tj

If you just make all of your cords 1' long you can plug the cords end to end and make any length you need (just kidding).

post-9688-0-44227000-1385342661_thumb.jp