Light-O-Rama Forums

20,000 plus channels....I need help!

mark obermiller

I have been using S3 ver 3.10.6, 8, and 10. I have tried all 3.

I am trying to sequence a show with around 21,500 channels. How are you guys doing it?

I set up all of my channels, all of the DMX universes, and well everything I can think of.

My problems start when I try and copy and paste my RGB sequences from superstar or nutcracker.

I did a sequence using nutcracker and it generated a lms file that was 586 mb. I am copying to a file that is around 386 mb.

S3 is crashing! I get error messages saying it can't save the file or it cant play the file and so on.

Bob at LOR suggested that I quote.... "Maybe instead of copying and pasting, try the "paint sequence" tool.

(2) Another alternative might be to have the main sequence just consist of subsequences instead of individual channels, so you don't have to copy/paste (or paint) in the first place.

I really don't know what he is referring to.

My computer is not the issue. It has plenty of power to do the job. LOR S3 is the problem.

What are you doing to run your huge pixel counts of a show?

Is there another software that will run LOR controllers and be pixel friendly using e1.31 Ethernet?

I'm about to pull my hair out!

I am not running more than about 8 universes at the present and what I have been doing is saving clipboards from xlights to LOR instead of sequences.

I have about 22,000 channels and I am sequencing with s3. Its not the most smoothest thing in the world but it does work.

First thing to do is patch your LORSequenceEditor.exe file with the 4 gig patch

http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

This patch has been a life saver.

I would not try to copy and paste such a large file, try to make it smaller if you can. You might be able to paste the file after you do the patch.

I use nutcracker but I do one prop at a time and just do effects not whole sequences.

Edited by dougd

I have about 22,000 channels and I am sequencing with s3. Its not the most smoothest thing in the world but it does work.

First thing to do is patch your LORSequenceEditor.exe file with the 4 gig patch

http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

This patch has been a life saver.

I would not try to copy and paste such a large file, try to make it smaller if you can. You might be able to paste the file after you do the patch.

I use nutcracker but I do one prop at a time and just do effects not whole sequences.

OK Doug thanks for the advice. I will install the patch. I am doing as you do and sequence one prop at a time using nutcracker. Thanks so much!

I was looking into a sequence for Calvin that was having the same issue (very large file  986 meg)., not that many channels but a 5 min sequence FULL of nutcracker effects.  LOR could NOT handle the file (any version).  Only solution was to cut the sequence down in time (remove extraneous timing marks)  etc.  Answer from LOR was file to big working on future fix for larger files.

Not good news so late in the year but if you figure all the data etc, we are now able to generate, it is well in excess of what the developers intended or envisioned.   If LOR is unable to resolve it may mean sequences that complex will have to migrate to another software ?  Hopefully LOR will get the issue resolved.

Applied the patch DougP recommended.  Giant file now plays (would only crash LOR when loading the media file before)  (still takes what seems like a week or two to load but the patch did make a difference).