Light-O-Rama Forums

3.10 and firmware?

FandomFilms

Hello all,

I've been using LOR 3.8 and wanted to know if I upgrade to LOR 3.10 if it requires firmware upgrades and if so is there a list of which units have to be updated and are there any units that will no longer work with the software update?

All LOR Controllers will work with the current software version. 

If you are going to be running SuperSpeed (500k) then you would have some firmware upgrades to do on your G3 controllers. Otherwise, no upgrades needed.

What's the benefit of upgrading the firmware for the CCRs and the 1602 gen3 controllers?  I'm somewhat weary of firmware upgdates as sometimes they can mess things up :( :( :(

What's the benefit of upgrading the firmware for the CCRs and the 1602 gen3 controllers?  I'm somewhat weary of firmware upgdates as sometimes they can mess things up :( :( :(

If you are going to run both the CCR's and the controllers on the same network and you want 500k speed, you will want to update the firmware. I've done it on 6 controllers and 14 CCR's with no problem. :)  :)  :)

I'm still debating on upgrading the firmware.  My CCRs are 1.05 or .07 I believe lolz.  Have you guys noticed improvements in the responsiveness of the lights with the firmware patches ?

I'm still debating on upgrading the firmware.  My CCRs are 1.05 or .07 I believe lolz.  Have you guys noticed improvements in the responsiveness of the lights with the firmware patches ?

Why?  The firmware upgrade does not require you to use 500k.  Just allows it to work if you choose it.     I have never had a firmware install mess up and 500k made a huge positive improvement in response time. 

• Like 1