Light-O-Rama Forums

firmware updates

jck46

On the LOR website, under SUPPORT you will see a link for FIRMWARE. Look up you piece of hardware and see which firmware is the most current. Using the Hardware utility you can see which version is currently on your equipment. As a rule of thumb for me... if my hardware is working good... I don't upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't updated the firmware, well, ever on my v2 controller.  Are the updates cumulative so that I could just update to the latest version or do I need to update all of the versions in between? 

I haven't updated the firmware, well, ever on my v2 controller.  Are the updates cumulative so that I could just update to the latest version or do I need to update all of the versions in between? 

Updates are cumulative. 

• 3 weeks later...

Where is a list of the changes in each rev of the firmware?

I have 5 CTB16Ds (green) on V3.0 and am not sure if it's worth upgrading. 

If memory serves, you need at least version 4.30 of firmware on the original series controllers in order to run special effects such as fading twinkle, etc.

Fading and twinkle seem to work just fine on 3.0.  

Fading has always worked. So has twinkle effect.

Starting sometime in the S2 version of software new 'special' effects were added. One of the was the 'fading twinkle.' This means that as your lights fade down, they could twinkle at the same time. Here is the portion of the docs that talk about these effects.

These effects will work in the sequence editor just fine. The show player will even send the fading twinkle command to the controller. However, as the documentation suggests, older firmware versions may not support it. I've got in my notes (had to go look) that 4.3.0 is the lowest firmware version that will support it. (All G3 controllers will, no worries there.)

• Like 1