Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem creating CCP MegaTree with half strings

CraigK

I am trying to create a MegaTree in the Visualizer with 12 CCP half strings.  It would be just like the sample file 24x25Tree_4RowGlobe.lee except twice as many strings. As can be seen in the attached screenshot I select CCR Edge to Center/Center to Edge.  But in the resulting visualization file all the strings are full length as if I specified CCR Edge to Center.  I saw an earlier thread where someone had a same problem but I didn't see a solution. I've tried using both 3.10.6 and 3.10.8.  If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong I would appreciate it.  Otherwise could someone post one that has already been created?

Thanks

post-2224-0-23399600-1378668094_thumb.jp

I had the same problem. In the tree wizard I think I used the second item in the new/existing fixture (Chose minimum Fixtures)  not the first. Otherwise I couldn't get it to create the double string. I don't remember, but I think that was how I finely got it to work.

Change "Pixels per Bundle" to 25 instead of 50 and that should get you what you're looking for

That kind of works but not the way it should. It creates one CCR of 25 pixels going up and another CCR of 25 pixels going down. So I would have to specify 48 CCRs instead of 24 and then manually change the Unit ID of the downward string to match the upward string and also change the Physical Starting Pixel Number to 26 on the downward string.

It doesn't make any sense to me.  The only parameter that should change between a tree with CCRs going bottom to top and another with CCRs going bottom-top-bottom is changing "CCR Edge to Center" to "CCR Edge to Center/Center to Edge".

I wish I could edit the existing sample file and just double the strings.

I had the same problem. In the tree wizard I think I used the second item in the new/existing fixture (Chose minimum Fixtures)  not the first. Otherwise I couldn't get it to create the double string. I don't remember, but I think that was how I finely got it to work.

OK, using Ron's suggestion of changing the "Pixels per Bundle" to 25 and then changing from the default to "Create the minimum number of new fixtures. The system will create as many FULL CCR fixtures as required" almost got me there. By changing the Number of Bundles/Fixtures to 32 that creates a tree of 16 CCRs that go Up & Down.

But I want 24 CCRs instead of 16.  Is the only way to edit the software to allow the Number of Bundles/Fixtures to be a maximum of 48?  Surely someone else has run into this?

Edited by CraigK

OK. I forgot about the 32 fixture limit on the Tree Wizard. So, what you have to do is create 2, 24 string, half string, 180 degree, trees. One with the controller on the left and one with the controller on the right. This will create 2 trees, one for the front and one for the back.

Now, once you have the 2 created, create a prop from the 48 fixtures with the front half first in the line up of fixtures. you may have to reorder the strings, just make sure and keep them all in order.

When using the channel wizard to assign channels, select 25 pixels instead of 50. First string will be Unit 1 Pixel 1. Second string by default, will be Unit 2 Pixel 26. You'll have to change this to Unit 1 Pixel 26. Then you'll have to do this for all of the even numbered strings.

I created one for you. I used the channel wizard and started at Unit 1 on the Regular network. You'll probably have to re-do the channel wizard to fit you're Unit and Channel assignments. Just follow the instructions above for that.

Hope this helps,

Ron

Edited by Ron Boyd

Did that work? Was that what you were looking for? If so, you are very welcome. I had to jump in and create it before I could explain it.

I opened it in SuperStar and applied a couple morphs side-to-side and top-to-bottom and it seemed to work as I would expect. But when I imported the visualization into SuperStar it gave me the following error.  "Warning: Imported visualizer CCR or CCB string Resolution not set to 50. Set Resolution to 50 in fixture named '48 x 25 CCP Tree #25' "

#25 seems to be configured the same as every other odd numbered string so I don't know why it is warning about that particular string.  Don't know if that is something that will cause problems later but it didn't seem to be a problem in my brief test morphs.

Shoot Brian an email and see what he says. He's usually pretty fast at answering an email. brian@superstarlights.com. send him the visualizer file and ask him to look at it and tell him what error it's giving you. I'll look at it again tomorrow and get back with you.