Light-O-Rama Forums

firmware update to 12 ccr tree - a success

htebault

In building out the 12 CCR tree this year, I had the plesasure to turn on all for the first time, using the new high speed USB controller - It all works! I then found the latest hardware utility has a wonderful feature that allows me to update the firmware of each of the 12 CCR controllers one at a time - excellent feature, thank you.

In running a series of programmed songs, it appears the 12 CCR on Aux-A network were working well wiht no apparent delays - Is there any utility that might be available to evaluate the traffic loading ?

The show this year will have the 12CCR tree on on high speed circuit, and three regular controllers on a single standard USB circuit.

• 1 month later...

Curious - were you able to update the firmware of your CCRs without manually plugging each one into the computer?  I have my setup ready to run the show, 4 CCRs, 2 16-channel 1602 3rd gen controllers, and a 16-channel DC board.  - ALL need firmware updates, but I REALLY don't want to have to unplug all of them and do them individually!!!

Curious - were you able to update the firmware of your CCRs without manually plugging each one into the computer?  I have my setup ready to run the show, 4 CCRs, 2 16-channel 1602 3rd gen controllers, and a 16-channel DC board.  - ALL need firmware updates, but I REALLY don't want to have to unplug all of them and do them individually!!!

I've had 2 CCR's and 5 16 channel controller all connected together and was able to update each one. There is a drop down window with all the controllers listed, just select which one you want to update and away you go.

I just finished updating all the firmware for everything :D :D :D

Is there anywhere that specifies what the changes are in the CCR behavior from version to version ?

HTEBAULT,

Are you running all 12 CCR's on one network? I remember someone saying that it should be to networks. Maybe the 500K controller allows for this? 

I have 2 networks; one with 5 CCRs another with 4. The other night I switched the network speed and the entire show kinda stopped midway through a song and then picked back up. Not sure what the deal with that was! I'm about to go live this weekend and am kinda worried !!

• The topic was locked