Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D

David Rise

I got my controller, configured it and successfully tested using HU.  I made a test sequence, but I don't see anywhere in the sequence editor an option for this card, all I see is the CMB16.  

Am I missing something?

You know what controller ID it is; just go to the Tools drop-down, select Channel Configuration, and add a controller there.  you'll select  Light-O-Rama controller and set the number of channels.

The sequence editor just cares what protocol the device uses, not if it's AC or DC.

So just treat it like a regular controller and change the channels to RGB?  Interesting.  I'll give it a try.

Thanks

Ok, after some playing around.  I found my problem.  Use the CMB16D, then change the channels to RGB.  

My problem was that I connected my plug to channels 10,11, 12 and I was programming 1, 2, and 3....DOH!

Homer Simpson moment. I was looking at the wrong numbers on the board. 

Can't wait to get the rest of my ribbons in.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of issues with my CMB24D and would like to know if these are limitations of the hardware or if anyone knows how to overcome them.

Firstly I tried uploading a sequence with loops that had increases and decreases in speed over the loops (increase speed by X each loop). The loops run but the speed increase is ignored when running the sequence from the onboard memory. It works fine over the network though.

Is this just something that is unsupported by the board when using onboard memory? Or am I missing something?

Secondly the sequences appear to not be able to flash at as fast a rate when running from onboard memory as they do over the network.

I set up a .01 timing grid and made different light patterns on different lights just flashing on and off. So the fastest was on then off every one cell, the next light was on for two cells off for 2 and then so on.

Running over the network the 2nd fastest appeared nearly smooth and the 3rd and 4th ran fine. the fastest was quite glitchy. When running the sequence from the onboard memory the fastest didn't display any light (light was off the whole sequence) the 2nd was glitchy, 3rd nearly fine and 4th was all good.

I expected the sequences to be able to run at faster timing from the board than the network, am I missing something here?

Really nice board but it seems to be throwing up a few limitations I was not expecting. I'd love some feedback from other users that have noticed these things.

• The topic was locked