Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple Show Builder...how does it work

nmonkman

Well, I was reading about this Simple Show Builder so I apparently installed it, but I cannot seem to figure out how to find it or get it to run.

Does it run through the sequence editor or is it a separate program all together. I cannot find it in my Light O Rama folder

Open Windows Explorer, and look in your Light-O-Rama folder. For most people that's C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama ... if it's something different, you probably already know where to look.

I have a few questions:

Is the Simple Show Builder part of LOR I or a separate download?

Will the SSB configure the lights with the entire piece or can I tell it to just do a section of the music?

smjosephrn wrote:

I have a few questions:

Is the Simple Show Builder part of LOR I or a separate download?

Will the SSB configure the lights with the entire piece or can I tell it to just do a section of the music?

The SSB is not sequence the music and lights. It is a program to build a show after you have sequences ready. The show builder allows you to create a playlist of songs and schedule when they will play.

Bill Sawallisch Jr. wrote:

The SSB has no affect with the MP3 1602 Controller - Correct?

Hi Bill,

You can use the SSB to build shows for the LOR1602MP3... That is one of the options. It will create the show and write it directly to the SD card.

Dan

smjosephrn wrote:

Okay that would be my brain dead question of the day!:?

Actually it was a good question.... It is a reasonable that "Simple Show Builder" be interpreted to mean that it builds the whole thing for you!

Dan

Simple Show Builder, I installed it, start to walk through each step, and get to where to files available for show, select files for show, there are none there in the left box, and all my sequences and shows are on my computer.?? what am I doing wrong?

[highlight= #ffff88]Simple[/highlight] [highlight= #88ffff]Show[/highlight] [highlight= #88ff88]Builder[/highlight], I installed it, start to walk through each step, and get to where to files available for [highlight= #88ffff]show[/highlight], select files for [highlight= #88ffff]show[/highlight], there are none there in the left box, and all my sequences and shows are on my computer.?? what am I doing wrong?

[highlight= #ffff88]Scottsgrfx, did you get this awnsered? I have the same question.[/highlight]

There is a button at the bottom of the list where you can click "All Files"
Without clicking all files, it will only show the Light-O-Rama Sequenes, not the ones you made yourself. It probably only looks in the directory where LOR looks for sequences, so if you have them somewhere else, it may not find them. Just a guess.

Thanks aich75013 for the tip, but unfortunately, it still did not work. I even tried putting the xxx_16.lms file in different folders under the LOR folder root and it still did not work. Oh well, I can just keep using the "old school" scheduler.

Thanks,
Brian

My xxx_16.las file is in the correct sequences folder (not a sub) and it still doesn't work. Oh well, but thanks for the help.

Brian

• 4 years later...

Which version of the software do you have?
Technically the Simple Show Builder is only supposed to support musical sequences, not animation sequences, so your .las won't work.

I have 3.1.4 and (thankfully) it does seem to support .las along with musical sequences.

Jeff - Thanks for offering help, but the last post was over 4 years ago.

I hope your displays are great this year.

I was in the two day LOR class with you in Sacramento.
Say Hi to your mom for me.

• 2 weeks later...

RobDaddy wrote:

The files have to be in the c:program fileslightoramasequences folder. If you made a sub-folder in sequences like Halloween or Cristmas the SSB will not find them.

I'm not at home to double-check the SSB operation but I know I'm not using the default folders. I don't have enough space on my C: drive so I have a data drive F: where I created my folders. I had to click "All Files" and I can't remember if there was a button you can use to navigate but I was able to select my files from a non-default folder. I just ordered the software Dec 20th so I am using the latest version.

Thanks,

Gil

The Simple Show Builder (SSB) does not have an option to browse for a folder. It only uses the default LOR folders when searching for sequences.

The default folder can be on the F: drive and is configured when you first start the software and can be changed by running the program LORPost which can be found in C:/Program Files/Light-O-Rama

Dan