Light-O-Rama Forums

The Reason Why I Do This

PMC

God only challenges us with what we can bear, and he always has a plan.  Our thoughts, prayers and hearts go out to you and your family.  We wish you strength to get through this and pray for your sons fast recovery.

I said a prayer for your son to grow old and watch your blinking lights for many years.

thank you and everybody on here nothing would make me happier than to have that happen

I will never forget my first year with LOR, my son was still in treatments and we took him out to dinner and the show was scheduled for 6pm and it only played Wizards in Winter for the first night so on the way home but still not close enough to see the house but he can hear WiW on the radio he said "Hey, Turn that up... I like that song" and as we got closer to the house and he wasn't looking at the house I stopped the car, told Michael to look out the window and he said you did it and that smile on his face I will never forget.

Paul, I will say some prayers for you and your family, esp for your son. Do another special song this year for him. Keep you and your wifes spirits high so that you can help him keep his spirits high too.

Paul, I will say some prayers for you and your family, esp for your son. Do another special song this year for him. Keep you and your wifes spirits high so that you can help him keep his spirits high too.

I did what you asked, and here's what he wants me to do this year

http://youtu.be/ASHpC-R63b4

Thanks Doug,  I know the power of God and I know he is watching out for our son, and in my prayers all I ask is for my son to grow up normal.

but to share what a day is like just today alone,

at 8:30am we had a checkup with the Oncologist (Michael would ask us if this was going to be a bad news day)

then at 10:00am there was a radiation treatment (all our hope for our son is with this Dr. he said he can put this tumor in remission)

now at 2:00pm my son is at the physical therapist working on his right hand to get it back to normal,

The symptoms my son had were not pain, but he said his right hand was feeling heavy, so we took him to his Dr. and she sent us to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh, that was a month ago today.

before the surgery to remove 80% of the tumor my son lost the ability to walk normally his right leg would give out on him, and he couldn't control his right arm/ hand, after the surgery he was able to move his right leg just a little bit and his arm move the same, just a little but the surgeon was pleased

Now almost a month after the surgery, he doesn't need his wheel chair, today was the first day he walked into the hospital and he walks almost as good as he did before this nightmare started and his right arm is 75% normal

Michael gets radiation for 33 treatments, we are on treatment number 8 after this there is no more radiation, in a few months there will be another MRI to confirm that his tumor is shrinking, and he takes oral chemotherapy for 42 days then for 5 days a month after that for the rest of his life

And as for my light show for Christmas, I'm thinking of building a RGB Mega-Tree, I think Michael will like that

Again I want to thank all of you for your kind words and prayers, words cannot express our feelings strong enough

Edited by PMC

Paul,

I am new to the LOR family and it truly is an amazing group of caring people who take up residence here!!  My family and I will be pryaing faithfully for you your son and for strength and understanding for you and your wife.  God bless you and your family.

Jason

Paul,

Our family is keeping your family in our prayers.  I know your son will have many years of LOR memories you have and will make for him.

Missi

Thoughts and prayers go out to your son and your family. Hopfully your time together wil be memorable and look back on it in many years together.

I took a sabbatical from the forums and find my heart heavy with your news Paul....May God bless Michael with the gift of a long, and healthy life, and give you and Linda strength to maintain your spirits at the highest possible level.

I know not you or your family in person, but you are part of this family & community, and we all share in our thoughts and prayers for your family...

The hardest thing for me at this moment is I went to my lights website watched one video and I broke down, I didn't think that would happen

Everybody here has lifted our spirits and I tell my family how many people are praying for Michael and it gives us all a warm feeling knowing you are all keeping our son in your prayers

Sunday we went for a ride to the northern part of West Virginia and here is Michael standing in front of the Worlds Largest Teapot

• The topic was locked