Light-O-Rama Forums

Number of networks supported by SuperStar

CraigK

Brian, I'm going to have to go with 5 networks for my show next year with all the RGB lights I have. I was starting to export all the SuperStar sequences to the Sequence Editor and realized that SuperStar only supports 4 networks.  Could you please add support for at least one more network in the next release of SuperStar?  Otherwise I'm going to have to change my plans.  Thanks

I should put support for more than 5 networks. Do you combine your SuperStar sequences with a main sequence? If so, do you use copy/paste or do you use a sub-sequence?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, summer vacation.. I combine with a main sequence using a subsequence.

Thanks

Until I get support for more than 4 networks, you can do one of the following as a workaround:

1) Use 1 network for you main sequence, 4 networks for your RGB subsequence

2) Use copy/paste to put the exported sequence into your main sequence. When you use copy/paste the pasted sequence takes on whatever network you have assigned to the CCD in the main sequence.

3) Use more than one subsequence.

I am just curious as I have not used Superstar to sequence and have more than 4 networks,  what will happen when I try?  Will I get an error message?   I am working on setting up the visualizer now.

Steve

SuperStar is limited to 4 networks when in "CCR Mode" but if you are in "Visualization Mode" then all the unit id and network information is obtained from the visualization so there is no limit to the number of networks in "Visualization Mode."

I remember seeing this in another post but my visualizer keeps saying ive reached the max number of 64 fixtures but I only have 24 on there is it duplicating some of them?

Not sure why it would do that. email the visualization to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it. The visualization file will end with .lee and will be at:

<your lightorama folder> \ Visualizations \ Editor