Light-O-Rama Forums

sequencing for a 24 string pixel tree

berniebean

I have videos of two sequences on the Cosmic Color Pixel tree. This tree uses white wire loom instead of clear. It does a better job of diffusing the light. At the top is an 8 row globe. It looks even cooler in person. The LEDs light up the house and surrounding area more than the video shows.

There are 6 CCP controllers running the tree and 2 CCP controllers running the globe, for a total of 8 CCP controllers meaning there are 800 pixels total. All 800 pixels are being run on one network using the new 500K speed.

Carol of the Bells

http://youtu.be/oEiH4wL_U0U

Wizards in Winter

http://youtu.be/23rOh8hCpEc

Brian: You never fail in producing something amazing. Will you be making a video on how you layout the pixels in the globe? I have watched your other video, but don't know the layout. I assume that the first pixel would start (as you are looking at the front) would be on the left side and run counterclockwise around the first row and so no for the rest of the rows?

Thanks

I shot videos of how to make the globe and the tree. I should be able to have the video edited and uploaded to youtube by Tuesday. It covers the order in which to put the lights on the globe. The idea is to make them match the visualization which is in the Samples folder of the Visualizer.

Electronically the CCPs and CCBs are identical. The only difference is that the CCBs have a bulb around the LED that is the size of the old C9 lights. I used CCPs in my pixel tree because I had the idea of putting them in a wire loom to diffuse the light and make them visible from all directions. Seems like the CCBs would be ideal for putting around the eaves of your house.

• 4 weeks later...

Brian, I got the 8 row globe. I've done all my sequencing. I am now putting my globe together and wanted to test the pixels strings before I put them in the globe. Here's my problem.

I have 3 LOR 16 controllers and 6 CCPs in duel mode on the regular network. I put the other two controllers on Aux A using comm port 9. The regular is on comm port 8. Everything works in SuperStar. The new controllers are set up in the HW utility and test fine. I wrote a test program for the 8 row globe in SS, EXPORTED IT TO THE SEQUENCE EDITOR and tried to run the sequence with the control light checked. I do have a blue box in the lower right, but the lights do nothing. I also tried a regular sequence I did in SS and nothing. I do have the sequence editor network set to Aux A , comm 9. Any thoughts?  

The controllers are set as follows: LOR controller 1 (unit ID#1),  LOR controller 2 (unit ID #2), LOR controller 3 (unit ID #3) CCP controller 1 (Unit ID 4 & 5),  CCP controller 2 (Unit ID 6 & 7), CCP controller 3 (Unit ID 8 & 9), CCP controller 4 (Unit ID 0A & 0B), CCP controller 5 (Unit ID 0C & 0D), CCP controller 6 (Unit ID 0E & 0F) and the two new ones on AUX A  are:  CCP controller 7 (Unit ID 10 & 11), CCP controller 8 (Unit ID 12 & 13).

I really new help on this one.

The first thing to realize is that when using an imported visualization, all the Unit ID information is obtained from the visualization. Launch the visualizer and bring up the properties dialog box for each of the CCP strings and make sure the Unit ID is set correctly in the visualization. In the visualization, the CCP strings will be created as if they are CCRs, and the field that says "Base Unit ID" is the Unit ID. After setting the Unit ID information in the visualization, save the file, import it again into SuperStar, and do "Export to Sequence Editor" again.

Thank Brian. I did what you said.( I have 6 other CCP Units starting with controller #4) I changed my CCP units 7 and 8 from 10,11,12,13 to 0A,0B,0C,0D  in the visualizer and imported to SS saved it and exported back to the sequence editor. Brought everything back up and nothing. Blue box at lower right of the SE and the light on the CCP goes solid, but nothing at the pixels. I'm stumped.

Go into the hardware utility, select the comm number for your regular network. Click on the "Refresh" button, what unit IDs does it see?

Select the comm number for your Aux A network. Click on the "Refresh" button, what unit IDs does it see?

Shut down the hardware utility.

Launch the Sequence Editor, open the exported file

For each CCP string you should have a row in the Sequence Editor with a "+" sign at the left end.

Click on one of the "+" signs to expand the row to see all 50 pixels. Confirm that there are some channels turned on.

Click on one of the pixels in the expanded CCP string, a dialog box titled "RGB Channel Settings" should pop up.

In the "RGB Channel Settings" dialog box it will say the Network and Unit. Make sure they are on the network you expect, and the Unit ID that you expect

Also, you can click on the Edit menu, Preferences, then Network Preferences

Click on the "LOR" tab at the top

It will show the port number that is being used for the Regular network. Make sure it matches the port number that you saw in the hardware utility.

To see the other networks, click on the small circle to the right of "More(Aux Networks)"

Then you can see the port number assigned to each of the Aux networks. Again, the port number should match what you saw in the Hardware Utility

Another test you can do is to Launch the Visualizer, open you visualization, click on the "Simulation Mode" button on the left end of the bottom row of buttons.

Then launch the Sequence Editor, open the exported Sequence, Play it and you should see it on the Visualization. If it plays properly to the visualization then it was exported properly and if your actual controllers have the same network and Unit ID assignments as in the visualization then it should play fine to the actual controllers.

Go into the hardware utility, select the comm number for your regular network. Click on the "Refresh" button, what unit IDs does it see?

Select the comm number for your Aux A network. Click on the "Refresh" button, what unit IDs does it see?

Shut down the hardware utility.

Launch the Sequence Editor, open the exported file

For each CCP string you should have a row in the Sequence Editor with a "+" sign at the left end.

Click on one of the "+" signs to expand the row to see all 50 pixels. Confirm that there are some channels turned on.

Click on one of the pixels in the expanded CCP string, a dialog box titled "RGB Channel Settings" should pop up.

In the "RGB Channel Settings" dialog box it will say the Network and Unit. Make sure they are on the network you expect, and the Unit ID that you expect

Also, you can click on the Edit menu, Preferences, then Network Preferences

Click on the "LOR" tab at the top

It will show the port number that is being used for the Regular network. Make sure it matches the port number that you saw in the hardware utility.

To see the other networks, click on the small circle to the right of "More(Aux Networks)"

Then you can see the port number assigned to each of the Aux networks. Again, the port number should match what you saw in the Hardware Utility

Another test you can do is to Launch the Visualizer, open you visualization, click on the "Simulation Mode" button on the left end of the bottom row of buttons.

Then launch the Sequence Editor, open the exported Sequence, Play it and you should see it on the Visualization. If it plays properly to the visualization then it was exported properly and if your actual controllers have the same network and Unit ID assignments as in the visualization then it should play fine to the actual controllers.

My regular network is comm 8,which I used last year. I don't have anything connected to comm 8 at this time and I will get a comm 8 error. AUX A network is on comm 9. I did check the sequence editor after export and everything is setup. The visualizer will run the exportrd sequence with now problems. But when I try to test the lights from the SE with control lights check, it show that the connection with the controller is good, but no lights.

Thanks

I shot videos of how to make the globe and the tree. I should be able to have the video edited and uploaded to youtube by Tuesday. It covers the order in which to put the lights on the globe. The idea is to make them match the visualization which is in the Samples folder of the Visualizer.

Not to change the subject....Brian did you post the video?  I've been watching for it or did I miss it?

G

Not to change the subject....Brian did you post the video?  I've been watching for it or did I miss it?

He has it on his SuperStar website. Great video.

Launch the Hardware Utility, select comm 9, hit Refresh.

Click on the Console button at the bottom.

In the Console there are 16 slide switches and a place at the bottom where you can set the Unit ID

Set the Unit ID to the string you want to test. Slide the switches up and the first few pixels should come on.

Do this for each string you want to test. Note that since you are only turning on the first 16 channels only the first 5 pixels will come on.

If you can get that to work, and the Sequence Editor is set up the same way then the Sequence Editor should work.

Please email your exported .lms file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

As for the video, go to www.superstarlights.com and click on the links under "CCP Construction." At the top of the pages are the videos of how to make the CCP tree and 14" globe.

Launch the Hardware Utility, select comm 9, hit Refresh.

Click on the Console button at the bottom.

In the Console there are 16 slide switches and a place at the bottom where you can set the Unit ID

Set the Unit ID to the string you want to test. Slide the switches up and the first few pixels should come on.

Do this for each string you want to test. Note that since you are only turning on the first 16 channels only the first 5 pixels will come on.

If you can get that to work, and the Sequence Editor is set up the same way then the Sequence Editor should work.

Please email your exported .lms file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

As for the video, go to www.superstarlights.com and click on the links under "CCP Construction." At the top of the pages are the videos of how to make the CCP tree and 14" globe.

Sent

I looked at the files and they looked fine. However, the exported file does not contain the network comm number and speed settings so I was not able to verify that.

Launch the Sequence Editor

Click on the Edit menu, Preferences, then Network preferences.

What is the comm number for the Regular network, and what is the speed setting?

Expand the "More (Additional Networks)" section, what is the comm number and speed setting for the Aux A network?

I looked at the files and they looked fine. However, the exported file does not contain the network comm number and speed settings so I was not able to verify that.

Launch the Sequence Editor

Click on the Edit menu, Preferences, then Network preferences.

What is the comm number for the Regular network, and what is the speed setting?

Expand the "More (Additional Networks)" section, what is the comm number and speed setting for the Aux A network?

Regular network is now @ comm 2 and AUX A is comm 9. I did get a sequence that ( I plan to use in my show), work. I did have to plug in my adapter for the regular network and everything seemed to would fine. I am running @ 500 speed.

Buy the way, thanks for putting together a globe package. You saved me a lot of work. LOL

I was playing a test sequence to some CCPs today, and it looks like the Sequence Editor requires that all the networks and controllers that are in the sequence be plugged in. My test sequence had some channels to controllers that weren't connected and the CCP controller I had plugged in wouldn't do anything and the little square in the lower right was red. I deleted the unused controllers and then it worked. I didn't realize that. Perhaps that is why it wasn't working for you either.

I was playing a test sequence to some CCPs today, and it looks like the Sequence Editor requires that all the networks and controllers that are in the sequence be plugged in. My test sequence had some channels to controllers that weren't connected and the CCP controller I had plugged in wouldn't do anything and the little square in the lower right was red. I deleted the unused controllers and then it worked. I didn't realize that. Perhaps that is why it wasn't working for you either.

Thanks Mr B. Now we know.