Light-O-Rama Forums

Matrix Panels and LOR S3

Ponddude

Since the introduction of the Rainbow Matrix panelsand the uploading of the

video just last week, I have recieved a lot of PMs here on the LOR forums about how to use them in conjuction with the S3 software. S3 really has opened the possibilities up as far as any lighting device control and I applaud LOR for that. I still believe they supply the best software, hands down, on the market. With that being said, Nutcracker really has taken off and with the now software based solution they offer it is even easier and more efficient to create dazzaling pixel displays quickly and easily. Just like any pixel setup, Matrix panels included, they can be extremely time consuming to sequence. So, once Nutcracker fully supports these panels life will be even easier.

The purpose of this document is to show how you can implement these panels into the LOR software with LOR hardware, or other hardware, quickly and easily. E1.31 is always going to be your best bet for transmitting high numbers of RGB pixels, but the LOR USB485 adapters can be used as DMX dongles to create displays as well. People shouldn't be afraid of using high pixel counts within the LOR S3 software. It is truly the best out there (at least in my opinion) and really offers all the features you need to create stunning effects. So embrace the software to take your shows to the next level!

Setup Diagram (I tried to upload this to othe forum but the file sizes allowed here are extremely small :( )

Greg

very interesting  id love to be able to do some of the stuff from xlights on my 12 ccr tree